Callaway Forged Wedges

Forged

The new Callaway Golf Forged Wedges designed by Roger Cleveland have a fresh new design that will make them a leader and unique addition to the traditional wedge category. Callaway Golf Forged Wedges are sure to please touring professionals, top amateurs, and anyone looking for the best traditional wedges available.

jimmy johnson   Scratch Golfer [Sep 22, 2005]
Model Reviewed: 52° gap wedge

nice wedge, great feel, easy to hit. especially good from dicey lies in the rough, smaller head gets through grass easily but I don't know why there isn't a better grind on the back of the sole to help get through the grass even better on the backswing. the one glaring fault with this wedge is lack of distance. is a few yards shorter than the vokey, CG10 or 588.

Callaway has top notch customer service

Similar Products Used: CG10, 588 series, 900 series, eye2, vokey, feel, zodia
Dmbisone   Shoots in the 80s [Apr 25, 2005]
Model Reviewed: Callway Forged 56 Degree SW

I really like this wedge. Very good feel. I like the slightly smaller head it gives me a better sense of accuracy and confidence means a lot in golf. I was in the high 80's but using this wedge as well as a 50 degree Vokey has really helped my short game scoring and I am not in the low 80's. Maybe more of a "players" wedge but not overly difficult to hit for the average player. for 60 bucks new why not?

Never used.

Similar Products Used: Titleist Vokey 250 Console Sand Wedge
greggybaby   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 11, 2004]
Model Reviewed: Forged Chrome 48* & 56*

Nice soft foged feel, very playable, distance control is almost idiot-proof. Easy to hit high, low, left, right, anything you want. 56 works well from sand or fairway. Very solid build and shaft/grip combo seems to work well. I like it. Well worth trying.

betterballstriker   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 10, 2004]
Model Reviewed: callaway Forged 58

Great club from the sand and tight lies. Bounce of 11 is manageable from the fairway. A nice replacement for my 56 and 60. Can throw in a 64 HL or a 2 iron instead.

Similar Products Used: Cleveland 588s and Titleist Vokey (still great wedges too)
PutPutt   Shoots in the 70s [May 18, 2004]
Model Reviewed: 52, 56, 60 chrome forged

These are high quality, nice looking wedges. The 52 and 56 are fine, however, the 60* has WAY to much bounce to be affective on tight lies around the greens or tight lies anywhere for that matter. I will get rid of mine and replace with the new Forged +, which I think is the most beautiful wedge on the market

non necessary

Similar Products Used: vokey, snake eyes, cleveland, taylor made, merit, Pelz,Hagen, Hogan, (120 wedges in all)
scotty l   Shoots in the 80s [Mar 23, 2004]
Model Reviewed: Forged 56* and 60* wedges

I demoed these clubs out last weekend and really enjoyed them. I like the smaller clubhead and they set up really nice. Let's face it, when you get to the top clubmakers in the business, they are all quality. It's what feels good to the individual person. These clubs aren't better than Vokey or Tour Series, just different. These are the wedges I'm planning on buying soon and I play Titleist irons. Just like the feel and setup of these better than Cleveland or Titleist. The club is made by Roger Cleveland anyway, designer of the most played wedge in tour history. Very appealing to look at and nice soft feel to them-great at set up also. These wedges are going in my bag soon.

Callaway is a great company, but never had to deal with their Customer Service.

Similar Products Used: Vokey, Tour Series, 900's, Hogan's, etc.
Tarnmac   Scratch Golfer [Oct 15, 2003]
Model Reviewed: 54/58 vintage

First off, I would like to say that it is stupid to have a fight over a wedge (boggs and eric), but second off I will have to say that Eric is right (about Callaway equipment, and JD an most of the players he named did at one time play Callaway). I am a scratch golfer, shooting even par and under almost every time out, and am looking to head for NCAA's next year or year after. (talks with Stanford etc) These wedges in my opinion are the best on the market. Feel, accuracy and versatility. I can hit my 54* anywhere between 125 and 75 yards if I dead arm it. I get all the control I need. As for the 58, it is also an amazing club. Anywhere from 95 yards to a 25 yard pitch shot, bunker shot or flop. The feel can't be matched. The small head is exactly what I was looking for, and it has a nice heavy swingweight. First shot I hit with these wedges was a hole out from 68 yards, Im stickin with em.

Similar Products Used: Vokey oil can and tour grind, Cleveland 900 rtg and gunmetal, Ping mb, rac blacks and FE203
Dennis_Hawk   Shoots in the 90s [Jul 28, 2003]
Model Reviewed: 54 d, 58 d forged

These wedges have great feel and accuracy. They seem to hit the ball really high, much higher in fact than my PureSpin wedges. The forged model will rust over time, giving it some "bite" and a nice rusty color.

Callaway Customer Service is always A+.

Similar Products Used: Pure Spin wedges, Cobra Trusty Rusty wedges.
Darren   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 24, 2003]
Model Reviewed: 52 & 58 Vintage

(Price is in £ not $). I bought these at a "20% off everything" sale. I'd long believed that a 52 / 58 combination would be more beneficial to my game than the X14 SW and Progen 64 LW I was using. I couldn't hit the LW for toffee by the way and more often than not left it out of the bag. To my pleasant surprise, the 52 has proved to be the best of the two for me. I guess I hit it most of the time to about 80 yards. The 58 is tricky to get on with consistency and I have yet to find my distance with it from the fairway (or rough!). I also duff more than my fair share with it from the sand. (I know, my fault, not the clubs). Overall, great quality, excellent grips, and great feel when you catch them right, but the more lofted option is not that forgiving if your swing is still "maturing". One thing I have learnt is that anyone other than low handicappers should remove their lob wedge from their bags and replace it with a gap wedge - whatever the make.

None needed.