Callaway X-Forged Chrome Wedges

• Multiple loft/bounce angle combinations

[Apr 13, 2011]
Pottsy
Model Reviewed: Callaway X Forged Chrome

Like Jimmy who sometimes posts reviews here I know what I am good at and that is golf.

My wedge play is especially exemplary. Some guys at my club and in my team say that I'm the closest to Mickleson they have seen in terms of short game.

Anyway I have these wedges and they are great. The lucky thing for me is that I have a really great job and earn plenty so I can buy new golf balls. These wedges chew them up every shot if you hit them properly, which I always do.

If you don't have great technique then don't expect to buy these and spin it. You won't you clown.

[Feb 26, 2010]
Drew Austin
Model Reviewed: Callaway X-Forged Wedge (54* bent to 52*, 58*, 64*)

Wedges bite hard. Even the 52*(bent from 54*) backs up on the range. Consistent feel, pairs well with Rifle 7.0 shafts. At 6'5", I have a tremendously high ball flight anyways, so these stop in a hurry.

Titleist Vokey, Mizuno Forged Chrome

[Jul 26, 2009]
Mark
Model Reviewed: Callaway X Forged Chrome 56 Degree Wedge

I'd like to start out by saying I'm a pretty inconsistent golfer, I'm about a 9 handicap but can go lower or MUCH higher. I went and bought this wedge today and was utterly impressed in a 9 hole round tonight. I spun a ball back on the fairway from the rough. Has a great feel and can generate a hell of a lot of spin. I've always been able to get spin with clubs but never like this. It is a great buy and I'd recommend it for all levels of golfers.

[Mar 09, 2009]
Rmpchamp
Model Reviewed: 56 and 60 degree

i was looking to purchase wedges from my local golf shop. I really didn't think there were distinct performance differences in wedges, and wasn't going to be too picky about what i bought. I went to buy wedges after trying my friends mizuno mp t wedge and was satisfied. I came out with callaway wedges after hitting into a net just because i like callaway and have bought previous callaway clubs. After the first pitch shot, i knew i had found something special. Not only did i enjoy the feel it produced, but it really spun hard and sat. The grooves are fantastic. After a year i haven't seen a difference in performance. Anyone looking to gain control and spin to their short gam, or just wants durable wedges should check these out

mizuno mp t

[Dec 18, 2008]
golfer7890
Model Reviewed: X forged 56/14 MD

The X Forged wedge has a soft, muted feel. The large face inspires confidence. This wedge is perfect for flop shots- very easy to lay the face open and put a smooth swing on it. But for chipping and bump shots, I didn't get a good response--it lacked a bit of touch. Overall, a quality Callaway product. Give it a try.

Callaway is number one all around.

Vokey SM (my current sandwedge), RAC TP Y cutter (my current lob wedge), Ping Tour (above average), CG14 (excellent response, easy to hit).