Cleveland CG10 Wedges

Cleveland CG10 Wedges

The CG10 wedge is made from a proprietary material called- Carbon Metal Matrix, or CMM. With this breakthrough new material, the game's foremost short game authority has once again redefined wedge performance.

[Jan 03, 2013]
The Wannabe Golf Pro
Model Reviewed: Cleveland CG10

Interesting club, i used to love it when i was off around 13-14. But since i've come down to 7 i don't like it as much. I used to think that i got a lot of spin but now i don't get enough spin with the approach shots (i used pro v 1x so its not the balls fault)

Pro's- Very each to use
Spin well enough

Con's- I don't get enough spin on aproach shot E.g. They just keep rolling (may not be the clubs fault)

I'll be buying some new wedges, but don't get me wrong they are nice.

Pro Shop

I have the wedge since i started

[Jul 16, 2010]
Larry Kash
Model Reviewed: Cleveland CG10 Wedges

These CCM material wedgesare the finest and best performing I have ever played. The feel is unmatched. The feel is unmatched. Cleveland should have kept them as a standard like the 588 line. I have esperienced no problem with wear at all.

Never had a need.

Cleveland 588s, Titleist/Titleist Vokey, Sanke Eyes (original)

[Oct 14, 2009]
maginick24
Model Reviewed: Cleveland CG10

im a big believer in the 4 wedge system taught by dave pelz and these wedges are the best ive ever used. got the 50* standard bounce, 54* standard bounce, and 58* low bounce. I play these from anywhere under 130 yds. get yourself some CG4 irons and compliment them w/ these!

titleist vokey, taylormade rac, cobra oversize, nike sv tour

[Aug 19, 2009]
gardenforms02@yahoo.com
Model Reviewed: Clevland CG10, 56 degree

The CG10 Wedge has been a good investment, although for being a beginner, I have had my good and bad shots with the CG10, 56 degree. Not saying that there is something wrong with the club per se', but 1/2 of the time, I have trouble controlling the distance if the ball is in the rough (it does well in sandtraps). Sometimes, I hit the ball too high and the ball flys 90 yards and sometimes (the other 1/2 of the time), I get under the ball and BAM!, I get a great shot.

Once I was in trouble (facing downward) into a sandtrap (about 40' from the hole), I had hit with about 30%-power and WHAM!, the ball landed 2' from the hole. Despite getting a bogie on the hole, this was one of my most memorable sandtrap shots and it was with the CG10.

In the rough, that's another story.

[Jun 18, 2009]
jake braybrook
Model Reviewed: 54 cleveland cg10 wedge

this is the only club i cannot play without. i lost it once on until i got it back, my short game just wasn't the same.to replace it, i bought a 56 degree titleist vokey, and the feel just isn't the same. the feel from a wedge which isn't forged, the touch and feel is amazing. it doesn't spin as much as alot of other wedges but the distance controls is fantasic.

titleist vokey 56, ping tour w, ben ross innovator

[Mar 20, 2009]
connecticutter
Model Reviewed: CG 10 54 degree

This club is a true scoring club. I put it in my bag about a month ago, in place of some Nike SV wedges, and the feel is much more pure. The carbon steel alloy is very soft to the shot, and provides great feedback. You can be really accurate with a good wedge, and more importantly, a good shot. I am not one to spin the ball back a few yards, but this club allows me to stop a ball upon landing, so I know excatly where to place it every time. They are great chipping clubs as well, very consistent ball flight and roll. Wedges are Cleveland's bread and butter, and they are worth testing out in the very least. I got this brand new for half of the market value.

The service at Golfers Warehouse is excellent. I used Cleveland service before when I played their irons, and it was great back then.

Nike SV Tour Black, Cleveland 588, Wilson Fat Shaft, Titleist Vokeys

[Apr 28, 2008]
NAW
Model Reviewed: CG10, 52 deg

I picked up a new 52deg CG10 on eBay for £15 and only really bought it because it was cheap. I was playing a 52 deg Mizuno Tour Style gap which was great for delicate shots round the greens but not so hot from further out. It took me a while to get on with the CG10 but I'm really glad I held on as it is now one of the most valuable tools in my bag. Full sort or delicate chip, it performs every time. I'm particularly happy as I no longer feel the need to force my 56 deg Vokey when just out of range. I'm even thinking of letting the Vokey go and putting a 56 deg CG10 in there (I bought the 56 and 60 deg clubs as well :). That says it all really.

Titleist Vokey, Mizuno Tour Style

[Apr 21, 2008]
Kamireddy
Model Reviewed: cg10 56*

I bought this used about two years ago. The CMM material is soft but for the most part I have not seen a loss in spin. These are not tremendous spinning clubs in the first place, so don't expect them to spin back 10 feet or anything. That said what I love about this particular club is the feel. You really control and shape your chip shots unlike any other club on the market. I have the std bounce and it works from tight hard lies and deep rough which is rare. Its a shame that cleveland has gone away from the CMM technology and there product line of wedges has gone down in my opinion because of it. I would buy this club again new if you can find one. Great club with unmatched feel. The only negative and this may be just me, but I cannot for the life of me get any sort of distance on full shots with it. I get like 45 yards and thats not enough. Maybe its the soft florida turf? At anyrate I'm getting a 52* alpha pf-2 wedge.

[Feb 27, 2008]
JIM DIAMOND
Model Reviewed: CG-10 WEDGES

I AM A 13 HANDICAP DOWN FROM A 19 SINCE USING CLEVELAND CG-10 WEDGES. NOTING ELSE CHANGES. NO AFAID TO AFTER THE PIN IN MAJORITY OF HOLES.

[Jan 06, 2008]
Andrew
Model Reviewed: CG 10

I've been searching for a right wedge for me, for a long time.. I found it, with the CG 10. This wedge is incredible from anywhere inside 110 yards i have a 56 and a 60 and couldn't be more confident from such an imporant spot. A++ I highly reccomend, they can improve anyones game

Callaway, Taylormade, Mizuno, Ping