Medicus Momentus Accessories

Medicus Momentus Accessories

The MOMENTUS is a revolutionary new swing trainer that incorporates a patented technology, whereby the clubshaft embodies most of the weight which is evenly distributed thorughout the length of the shaft.

[Feb 08, 2007]
Steven Hong
Model Reviewed: Medicus Momentus

This product MAY help your swing, but it may also hurt it too. When I first bought the momentus, it really helped me strengthen my core muscles and got my arms to swing inside out. However, as my swing got better, I started to move away from an arms-dominated swing into one that was triggered more by the trunk where the power is generated by hip rotation. This allowed my arms to lag back and then slingshot through. Now, my arms are used more to fine-tune my swing (i.e. guiding my arms as they are pulled through by the rotation). Some of you know what I'm talking about.

Anyways, as soon as I started developing this swing, the momentus wrecked havoc to it. The problem is that after you use the momentus, your clubs feel like twigs. This is great when you have an armsy swing because it really allows you to go after it with you arms. But, if you have a swing generated by the rotation of your core, the club feels so light that it completely messes up your timing. I normally think about gently guiding my arms as they are being pulled through. But after I use the momentus, my arms either release down too fast with my wristing releasing too early (hitting it fat) or my arms outrun my hips (snap hook). Either way, I end up having to spend at least 30 minutes on the range trying to get my timing and feel back.

At some point, advanced golfers become feel golfers. A swing is a very fragile thing. After years of practice, you know I your swing feels and what your body needs to feel for the correct swing. The momentus can seriously mess this up. I think this is a great tool for beginners or people who have a very arms-dominated swing. But for body swingers (which I think are most advanced players), I think this can cause some problems in timing and feel. Use with caution!

[Dec 25, 2006]
Norge
Model Reviewed: Momentus Swing Trainer

I'm going to risk sounding like an infomercial but here goes.
I had an over the top swing with poor tempo. No consistency, no draw, no confidence, no low scores.My practice is limited and decided to risk trying something for the off season to bring things around.
First of all, you will need to PRACTICE. This will not fix your faults overnight but use it wisely and you will see results.
I actually used this thing for 10 min each night for 12 weeks. I saw results after 3 weeks. After 12 weeks my tempo was very good and my slice was virtually gone. My handicap went from 24 to 13 and I'm close to going into single digits.
I now use it periodically to warm up or to train in off season weather but can honestly say that when used properly it does work. Be realistic in your expectations and it will change your swing faults and bring more enjoyment to your game.

[Jul 24, 2006]
DCBogeyman
Model Reviewed: Momentus 40 Oz

I was flipping through TV channels one day and watched about 5 minutes of the Momentus infomercial on the Golf Channel. I noticed something during that infomercial that made sense to me. My single biggest fault with my swing is "coming over the top," which is what I felt the Momentus could help me with so I ordered one.

The first thing I noticed when working with the Momentus is that because of the weighting of the shaft, you cannot "come over the top." The next thing I noticed was that it promotes a full release of the club.

I worked with it one day and alternated between it and hitting balls with my regular clubs. All I can say is that I minimized "coming over the top" when hitting balls.

I felt so good about what I accomplished in that practice session that I decided to take the Momentus to the course with me the next day. Instead of hitting balls at the range to warm up I just swung the Monetus 5 - 10 times.

The results - hit better shots more often and consistently. Only came "over the top" twice in the round, which for me is typically happens 5 - 7 times a round.

I intend to keeping working with the Momentus to correct my "over the top fault" and overall to improve my swing.

I am a believer.

None.

[Jul 19, 2006]
jglover
Model Reviewed: Momentus

Do not spend $100 on a Momentus!!! Make your own! The Momentus concept is extremely sound, but I took the advice of those here and filled a 56* wedge, 7-iron, and driver (all steel shaft, stiff flex)with bb's and a little caulk. Drill out the back of the grip with a dremel tool and make a pea sized hole. I cannot even begin to tell you how EXCELLENT each of these clubs are now. I highly recommend making all three, each of them has slightly different characteristics/fundamentals due to the length. After practicing with the weighted wedge for the very first time, I hit the pin 3 times from a 100 yards during practice. Not to mention absolutely bombing driver. Make sure to use the weighted wedge for practicing short game, pitches especially. It's absolute magic. *note: to the best of my knowledge, these clubs are best for a 1-plane swing. I'm not sure how effective this is for a 2-plane swing.

[Jul 11, 2006]
robbiewtc
Model Reviewed: Academy model Momentus

I have been looking to buy a Momentus because I have heard great things about it. I did not want to spent $100 on it. I went to Academy and they have the same thing for $25. Exactly the same thing, 35" and 48 oz. It did not come with a video and the shaft is blue not yellow.

No experience.

None

[Jun 07, 2005]
Tee'd Off
Model Reviewed: Momentus

This product has done a great deal for my game! Quite a few of golfs greatest teachers recomend swinging a weighted club to help your game! Before getting the momentus I was already shooting in the 80's. Then I hit a very bad patch which saw my right hand trying to sneak underneath the club. As a result of this my body unknowingly tried to make compensations for this move and my swing & tempo went down the tubes. With the help of a Pro I identified the issue and this product drilled out my grip issue and got my swing and tempo back! I use it for about 15 to 20 minutes a day and I have seen a slight increase in distance! Most of all I think the greatest benifit of this product is it really grooves your swing and tempo! Add in the molded grip and you can forget about grip issues! This is a great product WHEN USED CORRECTLY! In other words if your set up and swing fundementals are sound you will recieve the full benifits from this product! While the momentus will draw attention to some faults others will go undedtected and you will be grooving a bad swing! Hence all the posts about this product causing a slice, snap hooks, tempo issues, etc. If you are one of these folks who had this issue then you should really work on your set up and your overall concept of the swing itself! Again a great training aid when USED CORRECTLY!

never used it

none

[Jun 21, 2004]
dlp3719
Model Reviewed: Momentus Swing Trainer with Molded Grip

I typically shoot 110 - 120 (scoring honestly and not taking mulligans). I struggle with my short game, but can drive the ball 225 yards. Basically, I have several problems with my swing that I have fixed but still struggle with. How it helps: 1. Coming Outside-In across the ball, causing a slice. Basically the momentus teaches you to bring the club in a straight line away from the ball and come through the ball in a straight line. IF YOU STRUGGLE WITH OUTSIDE-IN OR INSIDE-OUT SWINGS, BUY THE MOMENTUS. It will cure you. The club is well balanced so that when swinging on plane, the club is lighter. If you try to get off plane, the club gets heavier and disrupts your swing. The club fights against you to stay on plane. It's pretty cool. 2. I struggle with finishing swings strong (ie. weight transfer, hip motion.) Because the club is heavy, it carries you through. It forces you to finish the swing because of the momentum it's carrying. 3. Because the club is well balanced, it feels good (ie. not as heavy) when you are in the right place at the top of the back swing and if you are not, you will feel the unbalanced weight. 4. My swing speed is in the 60's. It's like a medicine ball in basketball or weights on a baseball bat. It will make you stronger and make you swing your clubs harder/faster if you practice with it over time. Things it does not help me with: 1. I struggle with dropping my shoulder, hitting the dirt behind the ball. Because the Momentus is supposed to be swung 3-4 inches off the ground, it's not helping me maintain good posture. I can drop my shoulder, bend my back knee, whatever, and I really won't have known I did it with the Momentus. 2. The molded grip is ok. Doesn't fit my hands well. I might have rather just not had it. I do not interlace or over lay any of my fingers and this grip was not made for that. Overall, I love this product for correcting certain types of problems, but it's not a cure-all.

No experience.

None.

[Oct 28, 2003]
wingfan00
Model Reviewed: Momentus Iron

I bought the regular 5 iron, and after a week I'am was hitting the ball straighter and farther than before. I swing it 50 times a day. I also purchased a weighted "swing sock" (Tour Weight) and put that on the club, what a difference, a big increase in power went from the 90's to the 80's in like a month just have to work with it everyday though.

[Sep 08, 2003]
Darren Hazelwood
Model Reviewed: momentus

WOW what a training aid ..I've been battling a massive slice since i started playing golf 2 years ago ... I recieved the momentus today watched the video swung the club for 10 mins .. I,ve just got back from the range and the slice has gone , I'm hitting every club dead straight even the dreaded long irons ... So THANKYOU momentus you've made my day!

none needed

Straight shooting golf (RUBBISH)

[Mar 04, 2003]
D-Dog
Model Reviewed: momentus

Really good training aid!! It helped me with a consistent swing. I went from an out to in swing to a penetrating draw. The only thing is you have to have good fundamentals(Posture, tempo and alignment)to succeed, which I think that is why people who did not find succees with it. Good training aid. P.S. I think David Duval should go back to using this and also go back to Titleist.