Slazenger Raw Distance Balls

• 432 Dimple Pattern
  • Titanium Enhanced Cover

[Feb 03, 2011]
dave

ball is good...commerical sucks...no one likes a loud mouth

[Aug 22, 2010]
Chris V
Model Reviewed: Raw Distance Titanium

I've used Slazenger golf balls for more than 15 years and this variant of their ball is every bit as good as their earlier balls. The reason I switched to the Slazenger was that I gained 15 yards on every club when using them. When I began using them exclusively, I had to relearn all of my yardages, driver through sand wedge!

Having tried all the more expensive balls, I remain a Slazenger fan. I enjoy the solid feedback I get from a well struck shot and never feel like I've just hit an Acushnet Club Special or as we used to call them, a "marshmallow". I can't say the same for the Titleist, Calloway, and Bridgestone balls my golf buddies are paying big money for. Not only am I hitting (in my estimation) a better ball, I'm paying far less money for it...what's not to like.

To the person who said it was "the hardest ball I've ever hit," my recommendation is that you to go to a woman's ball because I'm sure your swing speed is slow enough to warrant a lower compression ball. Do yourself a favor and recognize the shortcomings of your own golf game before you blame it on a piece of equipment!

[Oct 02, 2009]
tsgtmike
Model Reviewed: RAW DISTANCE

After playing with various other balls, Dunlop, Top Flight, Titliest, etc., I found this ball to be the best for me in both long and short game. Ball does appear to have very little spin when hitting green, but this just makes me work harder to get closer to the pin. I recommend this ball.

Top flight, Nike, Dunlop, Titliest

[Jun 16, 2009]
hieronim
Model Reviewed: Slazenger Raw

I shoot in the low to mid 90s, sometimes dipping into the 80s and sometimes over 100 but mostly i'm a bogey golfer. I got 2 dozen of these as a gift and used one last week in my league and shot a 44. The same I do with ProVs and range balls. If you're not that good, it's not the ball, it's you. Why spend a bundle on a ball? This one was fine by me. 4 stars just for price.

[Apr 11, 2009]
Golfatscots
Model Reviewed: slazenger raw distance

Raw Distance is a good quality golf ball at a reasonable price. It's both durable and plays well. I started buying them a few years ago when I saw a sale at Dick's. I reglularly use other balls - a variety of Titleist and Maxflies - but I never hesitate to pull a Slazenger out of my bag.

[Mar 10, 2009]
Kevin
Model Reviewed: Slazenger Raw Distance

Great value for the price. I got 5 dozen of these for the price of 1 dozen of pro v1. These balls play great. But of course if youre looking for a players ball these are not for you.

Titliest NXT
Nike Ignite

[May 06, 2007]
Josh

got news for you gotgolf?. the reason the raw distance sprays off your irons is cuz you suck. if you shoot in the 90's, guess what, your putting is probably not too good either. Do yourself a favor and play with balls more in your league (like range balls).
I thought it was excellent, long off the driver, and pretty consistent on irons. Putts great.
Overall a really good ball for the price.
you get what you pay for really

Titleist NXT
Nike MoJo
Top-Flite XL 2000
Pro V1

[Aug 13, 2006]
Brian
Model Reviewed: Slazenger Raw Distance

These balls are HARD, however, they are very predictable and do float long with suprizing accuracy off the tee. Iron shots are longer and higher than expected so adjustments need to be considered. Putting is difficult because they seem to need a little power which made me a little inaccuate on the green. Overall I thought they were great balls for the money as long as your lays on the green are around the pin.

[Jul 24, 2005]
Denis
Model Reviewed: Slazenger Raw Distance

I love some of these reviews. 'gotgolf' says "the ball didn't putt well"!!!!!!! I guess the ones I bought are a little rounder because I putt quite well with it. This is an excellent ball, especially for the money. Recently bought 2 dozen for $19.99 from Dick's Sporting Goods.

Titelist Solo, Wilson Titanium, Precept U-Tri Tour (my favorite).

[May 24, 2005]
gotgolf?
Model Reviewed: Slazenger Raw Distance

Without a doubt the hardest ball I've ever played. I picked up a dozen at a local golf shop as they were on sale, and played them front 9 before I had to change back to my DT So/Lo for fear that I might shatter my driver. I wanted to gain a few more yards of distance off the tee without sacrificing feel, and have tried a mound of so-called "distance" balls without any luck. This ball was the worst of the bunch. Felt horrible, hard to control long iron shots, wouldn't check on the greens and didn't putt well. My advice, take your money, and buy a sleeve of anything else.

Titleist DT So/Lo, NXT Distance, Strata Pro Distance, Nike Mojo, Callaway Warbird