TaylorMade Penta TP Balls

Penta TP

TaylorMade Logo Penta TP5 Golf Balls TaylorMade has improved upon its tremendous success with the Penta TP golf ball, the first and only five-layer Tour ball. Each layer is engineered to optimize performance in five key shot categories that skilled players need: driver, long-irons, middle-irons, short-irons, and partial wedges. The Logo Penta TP5 Golf Ball features a new, softer core for a softer feel and to ease driver spin for maximum distance. It cuts through the wind with pure ease, and its

E.   Shoots in the 70s [Sep 12, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade Penta TP

I've been playing with the Penta for over a year now and can honestly say that it decidedly outperforms the Pro V1 in all respects. The key feature here is weight distribution (more layers = even distribution across the spectrum of impact speeds). This also makes it considerably more forgiving. Great accuracy and control. You'll notice that Callaway now makes a 5-piece ball. I wonder why.

Joe Cool   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 13, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Penta.

I likem. The ball does everything Taylor says it will. I like the compressing feel off the clubs, you can tell when you hit it flush. Ball bounces off the clubface. For the money difference though, I'll stay with my Gamer V2s.

na

Similar Products Used: NXT TOURS, NIKES, NOODLES, PROV1S.
Jim   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 05, 2012]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade Penta TP5

After playing the Titleist Por V1 for years I had to find a new ball. I switched to some Snake Eyes forged irons, they have so much feel the the Pro V1's now feel hard. I've tried the Bridgestone 330 RX and RXS which are good balls but the Penta TP5 beats them. I had a VERY good round the other day and the TP5 did everything I asked it to do. It was long off the driver and played in the wind very well. It held greens on long approach shots with a 7 wood (230 yards) twice which really impressed me considering the greens I play on are very firm and very fast. Around the greens it feels soft on chip and pitch shots. It checked up quickly when at times I didn't think I had a chance of stopping the ball considering the lie I had. It also feels very soft off the putter which a definite plus for me. Overall I would consider the Penta TP5 a much better ball than the Pro V1, I played the Pro V1 for years so I'm very familiar with it and the Penta beats it!!

none

Similar Products Used: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone 330RX and 330RXS.
Joseph_L   Shoots in the 90s [Sep 26, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade Penta

This is the perfect golf ball, nice and soft, spin and great distance. I was hitting my 6 iron into the green and made the ball stop after 1m. Definetly only using this ball for now on.

Similar Products Used: none, this ball is the best
Drew Shradel   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 22, 2011]
Model Reviewed: TaylorMade Penta

Great ball, I have never bought and played a ball that I actually believe helps my game and makes me a better player. The spin is awesome around the greens, the drives are longer, and the launch angle off the irons make anyone I play with jealous. Durable as well, I hit a high pitching wedge that hit the street and not a scratch on it.

Similar Products Used: Nike One Platinum, TaylorMade TP Red, Nike 20XI- X, Titlest NXT Tour, Callaway HX- Hot.
Fasteddieboy   Shoots in the 70s [Jul 31, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Penta

Penta Power !!!
I played both the prov1 & 1x for many years, I have switched to a better ball period. Far more durable, better distance, excellent spin as good as pro v1. Great ball to putt, it has no flaws.... I have gone back to all irons in the bag, put the hybrids away, these balls are great !!! 5 stars

Similar Products Used: all tour caliber balls.
goddydog   Shoots in the 80s [Jun 25, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Penta TP

This ball is in a class of it's own. Truly brilliant technology. When the industry cries for a 4-piece ball, what does Taylormade do?... Here's you 5-piece ball. Each layer serves a distinct purpose. Driving, woods/long irons, short irons/approach, chipping green area, and putting. I have never in my life struck a ball with such a great feeling at impact. The ball hold's rather well in the wind, I find too many balls are taken by the wind rather easily. The penta and pro v1 are similar in this regard. But no ball equals what the penta can offer players. This ball will only help your scores go lower, and lower... and lower. Shear quality, bravo?