Wilson Staff True Velocity Balls

Staff True Velocity

The Wilson Staff Velocity is perfectly balanced for maximum distance. The 2-piece construction has a soft polybutadiene high velocity core and ionemer cover

mrclag   Shoots in the 80s [Oct 20, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Wilson True

The 2009 Wilson True has been re-introduced in some chain sporting goods stores at a very friendly price. (I paid 68-cents per ball, had my partner try it, and he went out and bought himself a 2-dozen pack.) It is a two-piece distance ball with adequate spin, good distance, and robust toughness. The True name was generated when Wilson tuned the density of the core with the exact density of the cover, so there is no imbalance in the ball by the cover and interior not being perfectly fitted together. Theoretically it should fly and putt more true than other brands. This may be the case; at my level of play I just know the ball is a good product. I test a lot of balls, and this ball is a superior product to many of the higher-priced competitors, and I now use it in tournament play. It does not spin too much off the driver, spins enough to hold the greens with the irons, but does not back up too much (like some of the premium-priced balls.)

Similar Products Used: Bridgeston e5+, e7+, Noodle, Titleist DT roll and carry, SoLo, TopFlite (several varieties), Warbird, Srixon 2-piece offerings, Nike Mojo, Karma, Volvik, Wilson EcoCore (new 2-piece made from re-cycled automobile tires)
ken brownlow   Shoots in the 80s [Oct 09, 2009]
Model Reviewed: wilson true velosity golf balls

I love these balls why can't you get hold of them,

why have they stopped producing them?

Similar Products Used: titelist.srixon.calloway.
crapyking   Shoots in the 90s [Aug 19, 2005]
Model Reviewed: Wilson staff true velocity

I love Wilson balls. Was shooting smart core Straight distance. These get me 20 yrds more & are soft & straight. Longest ball I've hit. Try them & you won't look back.

Similar Products Used: wilson smart core,pro v's,noodles
Chris Walsh   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 11, 2004]
Model Reviewed: Wilson staff true velocity

Just as all reviews before me describe, this is an excellent ball. I just can't think of what else a ball needs to do. Great distance, Soft feel, goes straight etc. I have shot two personal best scores since using this ball which has me sold. Very durable too, I generally only need one per round even after hitting tree's and paths etc, very minimal damage. Holds greens nicely too

love Wilson, use their Deep Red 11's which are also great

Similar Products Used: Precept Laddie, Titleist HVC soft feel, Nike Tour Accuracy, Strata Tour Ultimate
rgetch   Shoots in the 80s [Apr 22, 2004]
Model Reviewed: Wilson Staff Tour Velocity

Try a sleeve and you will be convinced. Adds 20 to drive, 10-15 to irons, reduced slice/hook. Spin is low, so when the greens are hard, it's a hit and hop and roll. Was amazed at noticable distance. Is a tough 2 peice ball that handles cart paths, etc., not "growing hair" like the ProV1 cover.

Similar Products Used: Precept U-TRI Tour, Pro V1, NXT, Strata, Slazenger
flog   Shoots in the 80s [Jan 03, 2004]
Model Reviewed: Wilson True Velocity

A fun ball. The longest I've ever hit, making it a real joy off the driver, fairway woods and long irons. Still, it's fairly soft, allowing it to stick on the green with the five iron (for me, 170 yards) on up through the wedges. Three and four irons don't stick, and on hard greens often roll off the back. Decent around the greens, but on the greens the ball seems to jump off the putter. However, I'm a lousy putter so this could be my problem. I'm fairly tough on balls, but rarely lose them. I go through about three of the True Velocity balls a round, although I take them out at the first sign of a blemish (with a $50 green fee, I'm not going to worry about a $2.80 ball). Overall, a great ball for the money that more than delivers what it promises - great distance. I fell in love when I hit my first high, 195 three iron. I use these balls on long courses (6,400 yards plus) and when the course is soft. I opt for a higher spinning ball when the courses are shorter and greens harder.

Wilson is wonderful. I have a 20-year-old set of irons. When the four iron head sailed off and landed in the water, Wilson sent me an entire new four iron that goes with the set-free. Can't say enough good about them.

Similar Products Used: Pro V, Strata, other Wilson balls, etc.
rjadamson   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 21, 2003]
Model Reviewed: True Velocity

Where's the binoculars! I have played about every ball on the market over the last 4 decades. I change balls like I change shirts. The Velocity is very long, very controllable, and putts truer than anything I have ever tried. It is very durable with the iron shots and the control fades I get are great. Putting all the Wilson Trues, I have found this one to give me the most confidence and results. I have taken many 3 putts and converted them into 1 & 2 putts. Great ball in every respect.

None needed.

Similar Products Used: You name it.....I've tried it!
SailorCee   Shoots in the 100s [Jul 30, 2003]
Model Reviewed: Wilson True Velocity

I've tried Pinnacle, Nike Precision, Maxfli Noodle, and a few more... nothing fancy in the name, but the ball is excellent. This one is better than the Wilson Tour because I bought the Tour thinking that "tour" meant better. No, the tour ball by wilson was cut after (2) swings.. I threw it in the bushes and went back to the velocity. I played the rest of my round with one ball...no cuts and better putts and drives including a 30 plus footer with a left to right break! This ball seems to roll on the green and not bounce up and down like some balls... even when I don't clean it on the greens it rolls, rolls, and rolls.

Ken B   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 18, 2003]
Model Reviewed: Staff True Velocity

Best and most durable ball I've tried. Thoug a "distance ball" it is soft long and great to work with. Best part is the feeling and length in putting, it just fits witj my odessy putter. Tried also the prostaff tour, but it peels in the cover after a few solid wdge hits. The True Tour, medium handicapers, is a bit softer making it more workable in the short game, but not as durable as the velocity, naturally.

Similar Products Used: Must also recommend the Staff True Tour V, great ball also, same distance a bit softer but great for short game and around green.
AJ   Shoots in the 70s [May 14, 2003]
Model Reviewed: Wilson Tour Velocity

It is one of the best balls I ever hit. The ball stays in the air forever and because the ball creates minimal spin a slice is more like a fade. It's longer than the pro v1 easily. It's just as long if not longer than the Pro v1x. I average 320 yards off the tee with this ball. Today I hit a 3 iron 250 yards off the fairway and stuck it on the green(Stuck: carried it over a bunker), there was no wind. It was the best 3 iron of my life. All my buddies are pro V1 and Pro v1x snobbs. They won't use anything else. I'm sure there are a lot of you people out there that are the same way.

Similar Products Used: Was a big Hogan Apex fan. Tried the Pro V1x, it's a great ball but not worth it. I want to try the Tour V and Tour Elite