Callaway C4 Drivers

Callaway C4 Drivers

Looks like nothing else. Plays like nothing else. The friendliest, high velocity driver Callaway Golf has ever made!

[Mar 07, 2022]
olivernicholle9052

Strength:

New golfers stay away from it we would consider myself a pretty consistent golfer but when we put this club in our hand it all went down hill Dunkin Junk Removal felt like they was a new golfer all over again we have a old taylor made fire soul that we would take any day over the c4 it looks cool but makes you look like a fool on the course and we had a few buddys try it and the same thing happened to them in the woods, water etc... it went.

Weakness:

None so far.

[Jun 21, 2010]
Pipelion
Model Reviewed: C4 11 dgree light flex

Just picked up 2 C4 drivers a 11 & 12 degree.
The 12* has a short reg. shaft.
The 11* a light flex.

I like the light flex better and the faces are similar. I always though these were beautiful drivers with the grahite heads.
I laid off golf for three years. My swing slowed. My TM 10.5 burner tungston ti with a stiff shaft didn't get the ball high enough.
I'm only hitting about 225 yards. But I'm a short hitter. My longest drive was 265.
These C4 are sweet and solid.
Nice piece!!

Callaway's great CS

Nothing with a graphite head

[Dec 24, 2008]
dallasd
Model Reviewed: Callaway C4 driver 11deg Reg

I have been using the C4 for 4 years. I choose it because I noticed I hit better with a light weight head. When I hit the ball well I hit as far as anyone I play with, 250-275 yards. But, I do occasionally slice a bit because it has a regular shaft and I should be using a stiff shaft. Other than that, I love the club.
My wife got me a Taylormade Burner and I hit it as far, but I need to spend some time at the range to get used to it. I say this because whenever you change drivers you have to re-train your muscle memory. The guy in the other review who dis'd the C4 becaue he couldn't hit it shouldn't say to stay away. It depends on other factors and you need to find out if it is the right club for you. Like any club. Its a great club!

[May 14, 2008]
chazm
Model Reviewed: c4

If you are a golfer who has a consistent slice I would not recomend this driver to you it is a very nice looking driver but looks are deceiving it gave me a nasty slice ever time I hit it I tried to give it a chance played 18 with it and not one single straight shot, and it makes a sound like the head exploded I think for the money its not worth it. New golfers stay away from it I would consider myself a pretty consistent golfer but when I put this club in my hand it all went down hill I felt like I was a new golfer all over again I have a old taylor made fire soul that I would take any day over the c4 it looks cool but makes you look like a fool on the course and I had a few buddys try it and the same thing happened to them in the woods, water etc... it went. So an over all rating of this club 1-10 would be a 2 seriously stay away from it even if you get a good deal on it like I did I hate it and am going to sell it to the next sucker.

Yeah please fix my slice when this club is in my hand please!!!

The big bertha and the biggest big bertha

[Jan 08, 2008]
dponch08
Model Reviewed: Callaway C4

Driver has a dull sound when you hit the ball (even on the sweet spot.) It seems to come off the club very lazy, although easily controllable and accurate.

[Jan 08, 2008]
Martin Connolly
Model Reviewed: Callaway C4 Driver

I have purchased a number of the 9 deg C4's Stiff Flex on ebay over the past few months.The open face suits my stong left hand grip. This club despite been 6-7 years out of production is possibly the most user friendly and consistent, that I have hit, and also quite long off the tee. I hit approx. around 270 yards to 280 yards in summer conditions and I find very little extra lenght in any of the newer drivers, and I have tried most of them. My favourite C4 is fitted with a Graphics Design Y-7 stiff flex, 45" long.

I had my first replaced by callaway, back in 2001, without any hassle, because a rattle appeared in the head.

TM r7 & new Burner, Ping g5 & Rapture Callaway X460, Fti,Ft-3,and Ft-5

[Jan 02, 2008]
Mahesh
Model Reviewed: c4 9degree driver

Bought my c4 driver in 2004 and have been using it since. It took some time to get used to it. It has been generating distances upto 300 yds on average with the slight unintentional draw. Am very satisfied with this one.

No service sought thus far

Nil

[May 21, 2007]
QuestMGD
Model Reviewed: C4 std length, reg flex.

I wouldn't mention anything but it seems this forum is still being read. I was out of golf for 5 years and am finally physically able to play.
1. The C4 makes a dull noise at slow speed, and is harder to launch for high handicappers.
2. The C4 makes a subdued crack sound when hit 100+ speeds which make it seem like you actually had a good swing.
3. It will roll your ball quite a bit on your worst swings imaginable. But will slice on non-full releases.

It's a weird club that looks and sounds and strange, but now that I am getting my swing speed returning I like it again. Too many kling klangs at the range.

I wouldn't really recommend to beginners, I think you need a smooth fast swing to hit it well. Stronger golfers with a more whipping motion in their drive will probably be disappointed.

To tell you the truth, I think the C4 is a failure becuase it works for so few people, but if you are one of the few, you get a great deal.

Beginners would probably like the Biggest, great big bertha's that are actually cheaper used, and easier to hit.

Most of Callaway's stuff up to 2000, and some Cobra and Taylormade.

[Dec 24, 2006]
dirk
Model Reviewed: Callaway C4 Driver

I have played for many years as an average golfer with an average/slow swing speed. The driver is obviously the toughest club in the bag to hit. I have used numerous drivers from Taylor Made, Callaway, Adams, etc.. This driver is absolutely the best I have ever used. There is a definite distance increase because of the light weight and increased swing speed. Accuracy is outstanding - has to be great weighting in the club head. Unlike some other reviews, I belive this driver is perfect for the average golfer. It would be too light for a faster swinging better golfer. I have so much confidence in this driver, I purchased a second on Ebay just in case!

[Sep 08, 2006]
Adam
Model Reviewed: Callaway C4

This is the longest most forgiving driver I have hit. I have never had confidence in my drives until now. I am only 5'6" ~160 lb and hit 260-270 yard drives regularly. Don't mind the sound at all. For $70, I can't think of a better way to go.