Cobra King Cobra 414 Comp Drivers

Cobra King Cobra 414 Comp Drivers

• Milled rhombus oval insert
  • Dual weighting system
  • Composite top to promote ideal weight distribution

[Sep 27, 2009]
CATFORD
Model Reviewed: King Cobra 414 Comp 10.5

Hi All,

Well I purchased this club near on 6 mths ago and have enjoyed this club. This is the first driver I have ever used that is over 10.0 degrees...so im not sure if that is the reason for why it is so great.

The club I have also has a very light shaft 45 Grams ( Very Light ) The best way to describe this club is solid....I have get excellent distance from this drive on average 280 yards...the only killer for it is the loft that I have and shaft.

If you can pick one up give it a try....it has a great deep face that give you great confidence before unloading an almighty swing.

Piss off those 460cc drivers...a complete waste this old girl is 350cc and is plently big enough.

Great job Cobra!!!

Bridgestone J33R 8.5 and 9.5
R7 Taylormade TP 7.5 and 9.5
Maxfli Python 10.5

[Apr 17, 2009]
schoots
Model Reviewed: Cobra 414 Comp 10.5 Mitsu Stiff

Ok, what else can I say...This is the best driver I've ever used. It took me 18 months to write this review. I've tried 'em all. This face/shaft combo is HOT. I easily get more yardage out of this thing than anything else I've tried. Find it on ebay and buy it while you can.

Infinite

[Jul 14, 2008]
russellalanmeyer
Model Reviewed: Cobra 414 Comp 10.5* Stiff

First off club looks great. Head is not too large and it sets up nice at address. The stock shaft performs fairly well. I find the stiff shaft to be a little loose but it hasn't affected performance yet.

I have had this club in my bag for a year and it plays very well. The face is hot and the trajectory is exactly what I was looking for. The club is fairly workable we well. I find it harder to control fades so I just don't hit them with this club anymore.

I recommend this club to a mid-level golfer. The smaller head size increases mis-hits and neutral bias will emphasize any hook/slice.

Haven't needed.

TM r5, Cleveland Launcher

[Jul 11, 2008]
DoctorSchteeve
Model Reviewed: Cobra Comp 414

Are you kidding me?! Here in the 460cc era, this miniscule (it's only 414cc) driver is THE BOMB! The stock stiff Mitsubishi works great for me (my driver swingspeed is about 95mph and my tempo is quick). This is point and shoot at its best. Feel is solid - just a click and the ball sails away. 9* launches plenty high, though I am a high ball hitter. Check out all the new and expensive drivers I have hit in the past 2 years; this one blows them away in every respect.

Callaway FT-5, FT-i, Ping G5, G10, Rapture, Cobra LV4, TM Burner

[Jun 22, 2008]
grayson
Model Reviewed: cobra 414 comp

WOW! I took this baby out today and hit almost every fairway! The only time I didn't was when i tried to kill it, in which case I hit my usual slice. This club looks awesome, feels awesome and most importantly HITS awesome. A couple of times I even went about half speed and let the club do all the work and the results were the same-well over 200 yards and very straight. I even hit one that went 290 after about a 20 yard roll. There is no downside to this club and the fact that they can be found like new on ebay for less than $100 makes it the best value in golf in my opinion.

other cobras, titleist, taylormade

[Jan 27, 2008]
Chuck
Model Reviewed: Comp 9*

Great driver because it's extremely forgiving and the distance is terrific! The Mitsubishi 45 g. shaft is a nice stock option. What I really like about this driver is how it sets up at address. Not bulky looking, very confidence inspiring! I've been hitting about 70% of the fairways, the misses are minimal, just barely in the rough. The driver can be worked as well. I usually don't give five stars for equipment, but this one deserves it! Best thing, I bought it new still in the plastic for $99.

[Dec 05, 2007]
POOTIDDY
Model Reviewed: COBRA COMP 414

Gotta let you know this has been absolutely the "GO TO" driver for me over all the others I have tried lately. I currently own the 9 degree with the stiff Mitsu' Rayon shaft and this has been the best combo for distance, and forgiveness I've tried over the latest and greatest drivers coming along lately. I've tried to duplicate the loft and shaft combo in the R7 SuperQuad 460, Taylor' Burner, Cobra HS9,Cleveland Hibore XL, and have found the current new "stiff" shaft combos seem too stiff for the 9* heads for me. They all seem to come off the club low and clanky with the shaft/head combo for me. My swing speed is between 90-100 mph depending on how bad my rotator cuffs are acting up.I've recently started playing the Cobra LD F Speed with a 10.5 loft and regular flex and found it plays identical to the Comp 414 9* stiff. I won't give up the Comp 414 because it's just plain one of the better clubs Cobra has ever made! Average distance off the tee for me with this club is between 260-275 yards consistently. Bad swings still friendly out there to around 250, or so. You can get these off Ebay for next to nothing anymore.

R7 460 SUPERQUAD, HIBORE XL, COBRA HS9, TAYLORMADE BURNER 460, CALLAWAY X460

[Jun 19, 2007]
Brian
Model Reviewed: King Cobra 414 Comp

I just want to say I've never had much look with consistency with any driver, but my new King Cobra 414 Comp has changed that. I've been taking a more relaxed swing, and I've been quite consistent keeping the ball on or near the fairway. I'd say it's a VERY forgiving club. I actually feel pretty confident when I pull this driver out of my bag! I bought this Driver for $100 brand new, and it was worth every penny!

I've not had to deal with Cobra's CS.

Component driver (Tour Golf products) and numerous cheaper drivers.

[Dec 14, 2006]
Richard Cannon
Model Reviewed: Cobra Comp 414

Long time reader of this website, first time poster. I have to agree with the previous poster. This club has got it however you want to define it. I use the 9 degree with the Mitsui-Rayon 45g shaft in regular flex, perfect for my low 90's swing speed. This club is so easy to hit with all but very bad swings giving very good results. I'm not a big person, actually quite short at 5'5" but I have hit drives over 300 yards with this club and consistently 260 plus with a decent swing. The Rayon shaft works perfect with this club and the 9 degree loft gives plenty of height, more so than any 9 degree club I have hit previously. I have tried many drivers in my 35 years of golfing, but this one has performed better for me than any other. Cobra should have stayed with this one longer, because the combination of the multi-layer head and the Rayon shaft is a winner. Oh did I mention that I paid $69 for this great driver on Ebay? Best golf purchase I ever made!

Cleveland Launcher 400, Taylor Made 580 several Callaway models, Nicklaus Airmax 360 (good driver and shaft.

[Aug 26, 2006]
lindian
Model Reviewed: King Cobra Comp 414, 10.5 stiff

You read the reviews for any driver here and they're all glowing "the best driver I've ever hit" is the common phrase, so you never know what to believe. Please, do yourself a favor and believe this one. For once, it is true. This driver has magic, mojo, whatever you want to call it, this driver has IT.

I build my own clubs with components and use high end shafts. I also buy many used OEM drivers. Usually, I have 10-12 drivers in my basement. I've probably owned over 100 drivers in the past 15 years. Of the lot, this one is the king.

Why?

Someone said it in an earlier review - consistency. I have other drivers that are longer, and some that are straighter, but none that are really combine both. This one does - it has excellent distance AND tremendous accuracy. The size is right - it just looks perfect. The stiff stock Mitsu-Rayon 45g shaft is by far the best OEM offering out there - great feel, perfect loading with the head - it's in sync and a great match for this head.

The thing that really separates this one from the bunch is how well it works when I'm not swinging well. I have lots of other drivers that work great when my swing and tempo is grooved, but they fail when I get fatigued or am just having a bad day. The Cobra does not - this club produces an acceptable result with a lousy swing, and a great result with a great swing. This club has forgiveness in spades like no other.

Well, that's it. I don't know what else I can say other than this one is the cream of the crop. Believe this review, it is not exagerrated at all, I have no reason to do that. Just so happy with this club that I wanted to share.

My stats: