MacGregor Mactec NVG Drivers

MacGregor Mactec NVG Drivers

Dual Beta titanium clubhead construction which shifts 7 grams of weight from the crown to the sole. That means lower CG, less spin and more distance. TVC Beta titanium face insert gives high rebound characteristics across the entire face for maximum forgiveness, high launch angle and optimized distance and accuracy. Tungsten weighting system features strategic heel and toe weighting for stability and back weighting to promote draw bias. The exclusive Quadra-Action graphite shaft promotes faster clubhead speed without swinging harder resulting in greater distance and core accuracy.

[Feb 07, 2017]
Paul
Model Reviewed: Mactec NVG Driver 10.5

Bought the Magtec NVG driver about 7 years ago, l was going to buy a new driver thinking the new technology would be better.
So l have compared it against all the lastest released driver on a launch monitor just last week and the Mactec was 30-40 yards longer on every drive l play off 4 and have a swing speed of 106mph avg. l think this driver would improve anyone's game. Go and try one.

Taylormade M2, Titleist D2
Mizuno EZ
Mizuno JPX850

[Oct 23, 2013]
ozpaul
Model Reviewed: Mactec NVG 435 Driver 10.5 Stiff Shaft

Bought is as new $25 last week, really nice driver. very long, very straight. Is Japanese so expect good quality and feel, as good as Yamaha and Daiwa (OnOff). Little to zero slice, unlike TaylorMade drivers. Easily as good as RBZ and Cleveland, better than Cally and Ping.

TM Burner, Burner SF 1.0, SF 2.0, RBZ (all good). Callaway FTi, Razr Hawk (awful feel). Cleveland NC-1 (awesome), MacGregor MT460 (very nice). Yonex Yamaha and Daiwa several models(all good).

[May 05, 2012]
craig
Model Reviewed: MacGregor Mactec NVG 2 Draw

This driver has totally changed my game. I've added about 25-30 yards from my ancient Daiwa driver, and talk about *straight*. Wow..the past year and a half since I've owned it, I've gone from hitting less than 50 percent of fairways in a round, to hitting more than 80 % on a consistent basis. I hit a high fade, and I can consistently aim it out about 15 yards to the right edge of the fairway, and just like clockwork watch it drop into the middle or left side of the fairway (I'm a lefty). I have the 10.5 loft, with a Proforce 65 graphite shaft, and a Lambkin grip. Honestly don't know why these aren't up there with Taylor Made and Callaways, because at least for an 85-92 golfer, this is *the* club.

Got a great deal from Golfsmith; 250 bucks off regular, as it was a model-year clearout. Only issue they won't ship to Canada so I had it sent to my cousin's in Boston and picked it up when I went to visit them a few weeks later.

[Jul 22, 2011]
ReadyRon
Model Reviewed: Mactec NVG 435 Driver 10.5 Stiff Shaft

I bought this driver Mactec 435 Driver at a local golf shop for $30. It was in almost new condition and appeared to hardly have been used. I like the slightly smaller head and the Fujikura Quadra Action shaft. The driver is very solid and relatively easy to hit. MacGregor along with Wilson make some quality golf clubs that perform as well or better than many of today's name brands that cost a lot more.

MacGregor NVG2 460 Draw driver, Taylormade R5 and R7.

[Jan 22, 2011]
apoerio
Model Reviewed: Mactec 435 Driver 10.5 Stiff Shaft

I was looking for a driver that would give me accuracy and distance. This was it. I have tried so many drivers and none came close. I have won so many long drives that it is amazing. I Love This Driver. I loved it so much I also bought the hybrids and they are unbelievable. The distance is rediculous. Hope this helps. It helped me.

[Mar 07, 2010]
David Winn
Model Reviewed: Macgregor Magtech NVG2

I have a 9.5 degree Reg flex Fujikura quadra action model. It has sat in my garage for two years, after using a Callaway FT5 for several months I found that I had to hood the face slightly to get the best results. I tried this with the Macgregor and found to my amazement that I was hitting it 25yrds further than anything I have owned and believe me I've had everything over the years.

Not used

Mizuno, Yonex,Taylor made,Nike, Callaway, Adams, Cobra, Cleveland.

[Mar 17, 2009]
Jonny Gilleapie
Model Reviewed: MacGregor MacTec Driver

I have just started back up golf after stoping for 3 years
The drivers that i had before was just for the name like Talyor Made n all that shyte. The MacGregor MacTec has changed my game for the better it it unbalivable how far and staight i can hit with just a swing of a slow speed. If for whatever reson i deside to change my driver i will defonety be looking at McGregor

[Nov 10, 2008]
Helderado
Model Reviewed: Mactec NVG2

I've been searching for a driver that would give me some extra distance and help with my slice. My search is now over. This club feels great in my hands and each crack of the club hitting the ball is the sweetest sound in golf. My slice is nearly almost gone and I've gained about 20 yards. The club itself is a work of art to look at and I can't believe how the ball rockets off the face. I wish I had looked at MacGregor sooner.

To my dismay, MacGregor has changed the styling of their 2008 driver to something a bit more tame and boring. I'm glad I was able to pick this beauty up before they made the switch.

I'm surprised MacGregor is not a top seller with the technology and quality that goes into their clubs.

Haven't had to use.

Burrows Golf Powersphere 421, Callaway Big Bertha, Dunlop Loco, Tour Select x101, Callaway Warbird

[Jul 28, 2008]
Will
Model Reviewed: NVG2 10.5 reg

AWESOME!!! There is no need to explain how far and how straight this driver can go with a swing speed of only 85mph. I swing very slow and controlled but still manage to consistently drive a straight 250-270 on my drives. I sometimes whip out a slight fade but it still travels 240 yards on my bad days. The shaft does all the work and so does the 360 cupface.
If you needed a driver that will treat you well...This is it. I used to buy all the Big Name Brands and I keep fooling myself. Now I go with what works this is my fifth driver and I am Keeping it!

Golf Galaxy took care of me here and they were awesome! Golfsmith had the driver at a great deal but the ones they had left were scratched or in the wrong loft/stiffness. So Golf Galaxy Did a price match and added a little off and also had a great selection. I had three drivers to pick from (yeah I'm that guy who even compares the exact same products to still get the best one)

Nike Sasquatch 460
Callaway FT5
Nike Sumo2
Titleist 905R

[May 06, 2008]
Eric
Model Reviewed: Nvg2 10.5

NVG2 10.5 one with stock fujikura quadraflex stiff and one with Macgregor Speeder reg flex...both are 60 gm shafts with similar torque...both play firm.

This club was a very pleasent surprise. I have tried many different sticks including, Cobra speed pro S, Ping G2 10*, G5 9.5* and G10...the NVG2 10.5 was longer and straighter than all by a substancial margin. Club head sets up about a degree closed with face progression (opposite of offset) so the two seem cancel each other out...looks a little strange at first at address...but it's the results that count and the NVG2 10.5 is an over acheiver and confidence bbuilder. Longer and straighter than any driver I have hit and the shaft feels nice too. At demo days, I was hitting mine a good 20 yars farther than the Ping G10 of the same loft with a Prolaunch red stiff shaft. The Ping G10 (standard, not draw version) had a tendency to hook for me...but even the longest balls hit pure were far short of the NVG2 10.5...this club has a very hot face...but it's the club's uncanny ability to turn over and hit straight that I love most