TaylorMade Rocketballz Drivers

TaylorMade Rocketballz Drivers

TaylorMade RocketBallz Driver The TaylorMade RocketBallz Driver uses Flight Control Technology (FCT), which easily allows you to adjust the loft (+/-1.5 deg) and face angle (+/-3 deg) on your shots. A thick-thin crown design creates a lower center of gravity, which promotes higher launch for more distance. A lightweight shaft and grip promotes faster swing speed for more distance and the speed-enhancing head aerodynamics promotes faster head speed for more distance. Inverted Cone Clubface Techno

[Jun 07, 2016]
carl
Model Reviewed: RBZ Driver 9.5

It is a shame that Famous Davis has to put all of these bogus reviews on so many clubs. What a pathetic lonely person that sits around all day and writes stupid reviews about golf clubs. Get a life *ick head. Thanks for ruining a perfectly good website for avid golfers who want an honest review. This club is great and I hit it better than the M1 by far. I know it is a few years old, but it just flat out works well. good luck!

never used

Titleist

[Jun 30, 2015]
Randy Wolf
Model Reviewed: RocketBallz

not to excited about the driver splitting in the top of the head, and the driver is two and a half years old and out of warrenty

[Aug 14, 2013]
Evert Mol
Model Reviewed: Taylormade RBZ stage 2, 9.5

Stayed with a TM Superquad for 5 years because nothing else worked any better. Until I got the RBZ. Solid as a rock. Straight. Hard to claim a great gain in distance with lots of other variables in play but certainly a gain in confidence.

I like the loft and (simultaneous) face angle adjustment. Head plus sleeve and stock weight weighs 200g. Removed the weight and found it was <1 gram, so it can't be lightened but can be fitted with heavier weights. The wrench supplied for the shaft screw does not fit the weight (boo). A T20 security torx bit ($1 at Do it Best)is required and heat should be applied before removal.

The 46" length with the stock shaft is too long for me so I cut an inch off. With additional adapters ($20 on line) I can easily change to other shafts in my collection.

Prices have come down below $200 for a new one, not much more than some of the used ones on EBay, even for heads only. Mine cost $159 from Carl's Golfland, free shipping.

[Jul 05, 2013]
Robert
Model Reviewed: rocketballz bonded driver 9.5 deg. stiff & 3 wood 17deg.

I have played my ping g10 and g5 drivers for years and I hit a huge banana ball. I even put a steel shaft on the g10 and still slice it on occasion, lots of occasions! My average on our golf league team is 101 and a lot of that is due to my drives landing in the trashy stuff, other than that my game is pretty good. Since my wife and kids gave me this driver and 3 wood, I can't seem to miss the fairway! Not only have they kept me on the fairway but I am way longer too. My last two matches I shot a 90 and an 89 on two different courses and I now consistently drive it between 270-290 with one drive striped down the center at 335! I used to be the short knocker on the team and not any more. I am not one to write reviews since I am not a great golfer, but I know when to give credit where credit is due, these things rock! I think I am going to buy the rocketballz irons next, especially since these two clubs knocked 10 strokes of my game in two weeks. A smooth tempo gets you out there a long way!

ping g5 & g10, titleist d2, cobra, callaway ft5, nike vrs, and ping anser

[Mar 18, 2013]
RADRM
Model Reviewed: RBZ 9.5 DEG.

This is the most forgiving and straightest driver I have played in the last 10 years.It is the only driver I can consistently drive off the deck.Good distance and direction on off center hits.I would recommend the 9.5 deg as the 10.5 generated too much spin. Just figure out which shaft feels right and it becomes a matter of point and shoot.Itwas more reliable than my Superfast 2.0 TP in terms of distance on off center hits and forgiveness.

Superfast 2.0 and R11

[Aug 23, 2012]
Jeb Smalls
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: RBZ 9 Degree Tour

Hey guys. My name is Jeb and I'm a 2 handicap golfer. I'm a bit short in stature, being somewhere between Danny DeVito and Michael J. Fox. That's about 5 foot 2 in case you were wondering. I'm not a dwarf but at the same time I won't be trying out for the NBA anytime soon.

As you can probably guess, finding women who are interested in dating a man who's not much taller than the bar stool is a challenge. That's why I play a lot of golf. Let's face it, I ain't getting any and that's not going to change as I get older. I've thougt about going to matchmidget.com but that's just a pride breaker for sure.

Anyway, distance has been an issue for me and I'd probably be a scratch and beat that a-hole Drake Johnson at the annual club championship if I could keep up with him on my drives. Drake beat me 2 & 1 last year at the club championship and when we sat down for drinks he asked me if I need a booster seat. I told him his wife never needed me to sit in one. He threw his beer at me and missed and I said "nice toss, champ".

Anyway, I tried this RBZ driver at the range and hit the f#king sh!t out of it. I'm fairly certain that I'm 20 yards longer and past Drake on his best drives.

I'm in his foursome next week. The guy is such a jerk. He always insists on driving because if I ever need to brake quickly I might not be able to reach. Fine with me, I've got an appointment with Mrs. Drake on Tuesday for a long lunch.

Word to the wise. Don't make fun of short people. They may laugh in the moment but they'll be plotting your demise later on.

Gene Sarazen platform shoes.

[Jul 03, 2012]
A V Twiss
Model Reviewed: TaylroMade RBZ Tour 10.5

I tried the non tour version of the RBZ as a possible replacement for my R11. It got me an extra 15 to 20 yards but I had no idea where it was going. I then tried the tour version and I still got extra yards and accuracy was much improved. I have no idea why this is. Basically a very competent driver and whilst longer than my previous driver it is not massively more forgiving. In fact I am beginning to wonder why I replace my Ping G15 with the R11 in the first place.

My club pro Brian was very helpful with the fitting process. Taylormade were competent in getting it delivered in a reasonable time frame.

Taylormade R11

[Jun 26, 2012]
chad clary
Model Reviewed: taylormade rocketballz driver

This is a awesome driver played with it yesterday I had the titliest d2 driver I didnt play my home course but this is a short course close to my house I have cerbal palsy and I hit my old driver about 230 I hit the rocketballz about 245 to 250 and I only missed 2 fairways the course plays about 5400 yds but it is a narrow course I shot 5 under first time I played with the driver and I also got the three wood in the rocketballz traded the ping g 20 great product awesome club

My buddy who has his own golf shop ordered a regular shaft in taylormade rocketballz they sent the stiff shaft that was fixed but it is taylormades faught that is the only negative thing I have to say about the product

I hit the rocketballz balls on greens that hold good pretty good ball

[Jun 15, 2012]
Vinny
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Driver

Honestly, I went on a whim and bought this driver. I bought the RBZ 3 Fairway and fell in love with it the first time I hit it (EXPLOSIVE). The RBZ Tour Driver....NOT! Even with the FCT I could not get the ball to turn right to left consistently and it drove me nuts. It's a great looking club at address, but it's like buying a car, it can look like a dream, but if the engine is not working (at least for me it was not), it's a LEMON.

I normally play the FT-5 Callaway Driver and can work the ball left/right, right/left with ease...with the RBZ, NOTTA.

The FT-5 is back in the bag...actually, it never left.

None...bought at cost + 10%. Looking for a buyer at $200.

None

[May 30, 2012]
butchhenderson
Model Reviewed: taaylormade Rocketballz 10.5

First off, I shoot in the 70's from the senior tees. 80's from reg tees. I got a steal on this club from a friend who was hitting it pretty good. I got it and my swing is not very good with a driver. Well this club is not as forgiving as my '09 Burner. I hate it.

never used.

Taylormade 09 burner, Cleveland.