TaylorMade Tour Burner Drivers

TaylorMade Tour Burner Drivers

Dual crown and weighted power-base promote increased carry and distance. Modern head shape promotes lower, deeper and precision-placed CG for higher launch angle and lower spin. SuperFast Technology promotes increased swing speed, faster ball speed and added distance. Inverted Cone Technology dramatically expands the portion of the clubface that delivers high COR for consistently longer drives on off-center hits. SuperFast 60-gram shaft is exceptionally lightweight and stable to promote greater distance and accuracy.

[Jun 30, 2010]
Dick Driver
Model Reviewed: TaylorMade Tour Burner

Bought this club from TM's "certified preowned" web site. Best driver I've ever hit. I consistantly hit a 260yd fade with my other drivers. Now, I hit 280+yd soft draws! (occasional hook, but that's because of the beer!) I've even hit a few 300yd drives!
If you hit a fade or slice, this club is for you. If not, be careful of the draw bias for this club. Look at TM's web site for details about club bias, then get the one that fits your game.

No issues!

Calaway X460 and others

[Jun 09, 2010]
Golfsteady
Model Reviewed: Taylormade Tour burner

This is the best driver I have had and I have tried them all. Long and in the fairway 90 percent of the time.

All manufacturers and models-pretty well

[Mar 09, 2010]
Josh Fritz
Model Reviewed: Taylormade Tour Burner

Well, I just left a review on her for a TM 07 Burner that I loved initially until I played with it and got no distance. My fault though it was an HT and I missed that detail in the excitement of getting that big 460cc head versus the Titliest Great Big Bertha I had been using for years.

Anyway, store gave me a refund and I bought a 9.5* Tour Burner! Man this club feels good. It has good solid head weight and feels amazing on contact! I havent played yet, but I am pumped that this driver will produce the distance and consistency I have been looking for.

Edwin Watts is awesome

Taylormade 07 Burner, Titleist Great Big Bertha, Titleist 983K

[Feb 28, 2010]
moto6841
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made tour burner 9.5* stiff

I recently purchased this Taylor Made Tour burner 9.5* 60 gram REAX stiff shaft. I have only hit it at the range, and I am not impressed at all! The head seems to very closed, set up like a draw version. For me I naturally hit a draw so with that extra closed face, I get a severe hook. To me this would be a great club for the slicer. The TP version would be the club to have for me. I am comparing this to my Ping G10 9* with a Pro launch red stiff shaft. The G10 out shines this club in every category.

Sell it

Ping G10, callaway FT-9,

[Dec 17, 2009]
golfer7890
Model Reviewed: tour burner driver

Good all around driver that served as my temporary driver. Very symmetric look at address. Perfect size-- cute bullet looking head that's not gigantic. I sound is metallic and slightly loud (very similar to a G10). A solid feel at impact. I put an Matrix Xcon and shortened it the 45 inches. Good distance. Tacky headcover but no surprise from TM. Not worth the initial retail price. Gamed it for a couple months then sold it due to its slightly draw bias. Served its purpose well. Now that they are an older model, I highly recommend to those on a budget.

TM no longer has a contact email on its website-- very bad for consumers.

I frequently change clubs-- FT9 Tour (current driver), 909d2, Rapture V2, Rapture, G10, G5, SQ, Bertha 07, X460, R5, R7 quad, R7 460, Burner 09.

[Nov 09, 2009]
kjnich7
Model Reviewed: Tour Burner

I am one of those golfers who try everything and everything feels better than what I have....until I hit the TB. Anyone who has issues with their driver should try this club it is extremely forgiving, miss hits still go long and in fact when I hit just outside middle it promotes and great shaped power draw. I can not remember a club that I have enjoyed using more. Great to look at and a great sound, the standard shaft works well for me as I have a compact swing the smoother I swing the further it goes.

Highly recommend this club.

[Oct 01, 2009]
5underpar
Model Reviewed: Tour Burner TP 8.5* Rombax 75g X

My last few drivers resulted in a high fade ball flight more often than a draw ball flight.
With this Tour Burner TP 8.5* Rombax 75g X-Stiff shaft combination, I was consistently hitting a draw off every tee.
I had one long hook that bounced in the middle of the fairway and ran into the left ruff, but other than that the draw was very controllable and consistent. I did not have any problems with hitting the ball to high or ballooning. At the same time I had no problems getting the ball in the air at a very desirable trajectory with lots of roll out. The ninth hole I played was a dogleg right.
Any right to left ball flight would be almost impossible to hit the fairway.
I knew I had to produce a left to right/fade ball flight that I had not had to produce yet with this driver.
I aimed down the center of the fairway, opened my stance slightly and concentrated on an outside to inside swing path.
I took a good cut/swing at the ball and hit the nicest drive of the day about 300 yards around the corner, into the fairway leaving myself 92 yards to the center of the green.
So, what I am trying to say is that this driver seems to have a draw bias, but you can work the ball the other way also. The feel and sound are excellent and I thought the driver was forgiving also. It seamed to have a generous sweet spot.

I have never had to use TaylorMade's customer service and I have been using TaylorMade drivers and woods since the mid 80's.

I can't say that I have hit a driver that performed similar to this one.
My Bobby Jones Workshop Edition 9*, SMT DB+ 9* and Mizuno MX-700 9* heads produced a controllable high power fades.
My 80' TaylorMade Burners with steel shaft were fairly straight, but the faces were no where near as hot.
My Japan only TM XR-05 CTi has a hot face, but very small sweet spot and no where near as predictable.My Mizuno Forged Titanium 8* driver has a much smaller sweet spot and is less predictable and much more difficult to get the ball up to the desired trajectory.

[Sep 18, 2009]
Chas Lyons
Model Reviewed: Tour Burner 9.5 Degrees Stiff

I am a golf Junkie and have tried many of the top f=drivers over the last 18 months. The tour burner is top dog. Awesome does not come close to describing the performane. Sound is perfect.Long solid and considtent. What more can you ask for. Roll on next season.

Who should buy this club ? Anyone who wants to hit bombs and faiways. That would be every golfer then.

[Aug 14, 2009]
Dan Woods
Model Reviewed: Taylormade Tour Burner

If you are looking to drive BOMBS, I defintely recommend this driver.Picked it up in spring and have easily taken 5 strokes off my game.. Stock shaft is not bad at all, club face fairly forgiving and posseses a great sweet spot.. Like one review says, you will know when you hit it clean by the great crushing sound and the extra yards spent walking or cruising up to your ball.. Can't beat the value on this driver either.. $180 Can

Golftown..

Cleveland Hibore XLS, Nike Sumo, Cleveland Launcher

[Aug 05, 2009]
Donald Jackson
Model Reviewed: Taylormade Tour Burner

This is the best club I have ever had the pleasure of picking up and swinging. I am surprised by some of the other reviews being less than stellar, in my opinion they're not warranted. If you can't get confidence swinging this one you better practice. The ball flys off the face and doesn't have that artificial sound, only pure sounding and pure feeling. The head at set up is appealing and the reax shaft is a winner in my book. I can hit this one as far as with other clubs with less effort.

Nike Sumo, Cleveland Hibore, Callaway Diablo