Titleist 975J Drivers

Titleist 975J Drivers

A new 300cc Prototype Driver... the 975J has been seen in many Tour bags early in '01. Very similar look to its wildly popular predecessor the 975D. Just slightly larger and with a different look to the face... scoreing lines are placed in an "insert" look a'la the Callaway GBB. ~CB

[Jul 18, 2017]
Bob Jones
Model Reviewed: Titleist 975J driver

This is the first metal drier I used after I finally gave up using my old Wilson 2-wood. Once I got used to hitting it, I could do no wrong. Many days it was the straightest club in my bag. It had a 10.5* face with a stiff shaft. I tried other drivers just for fun and kept coming back to the 975J. I now play a 11.5* face with a regular shaft. That will be my club until the day my golf comes down to watching it on TV.

[Jul 04, 2013]
Kevin H
Model Reviewed: 975J 8.5 Degree

Picked this up in 2006 at a Play-it-Again sports center for $40 with the Headcover in almost new shape. I used this driver with the 44" Stock True Temper EI-70 Stiff Shaft from 2006-2013 and results were good, but not great as the Average drive in the 310 range with a slight draw but ball flight was WAY too high for me, I swing very fast. I removed the EI-70 and drilled 1.5" into the Bore-Thru and Tip Fitted a 48" Paragon Tour X-Stiff to this 975J and IT HAS WOKEN THIS DRIVER UP LIKE A HIBERNATING BEAR. Trajectory is lower because of the X-Stiff and Distance increased by 20yds! SUPERB Club, Anyone that says one of the 400+cc Monsters feels like this is LYING. I will not buy another Driver until Titleist makes something to Rival the 975J.

975D 975F 904F 975-VS

[Nov 07, 2012]
MichaelR
Model Reviewed: Titleist 975J

I like older clubs for some odd reason ( maybe causenow I'm old and they are my era)and am using Ping Zing 2s. Love'em. So after buying the matchy matchy Ping laminate drivers and using them a while,I needed more distance so I tried a snake eyes 400cc driver. Awful! Sprayed drives everywhere but in the fairway.Next went with a Ping ISI Ti, and had a real hard time controlling it.Decided to try Taylormade and got the 2009 Burner. Nice club , hit it strightish,but it's kinda souless.No real joy hitting it. Two weeks ago I wandered into a Cancer Society thrift store here in Socal, and found a club bin brimming with left hand clubs. In that was a Taylormade bubble 9.5 that had the factory stickers, and a Titleist 975J in near mint condition. Bought them both w covers for $25! I haven't hit the bubble because of the stickers, but the Titleist has replaced my Burner. I am a fairly bad/avg golfer, but I can hit this thing straight, high, low, left, right, almost on command. My distance increased a good 10-15 yards as well.Amazing club at 300ccs. LOVE it.

none needed

Callaway original Big Bertha , TaylorMade TuTi Bubble 9.5, Taylormade 2009 Superfast burner,Ping ISI titanium 10.5

[Sep 08, 2012]
Bruce F
Model Reviewed: Titleist 975J

I can't honestly say that I've had any good result from this 9.5 deg. driver. Generally, I play smaller head drivers, so I picked this up on the cheap. I should have saved that $20 bucks. The head is in fine shape but the face (no cracks) is absolutely dead. I've reshafted numerous times with various mid-line shafts (Fujikura Motore 65 S, Graphalloy ProLaunch Red S, UST Proforce V2 65 S) and I barely broke 200 yds. These shafts reside in my other drivers now, and none hits shorter than 265 yds...with the Proforce V2 currently residing in an 11 deg Orlimar Trimetal Plus, consistantly hitting 285, with an occasional 300.

If you see one of these, avoid it. I don't know if it's because of changing ball technology, spin rates or what, but this driver is terrible.

None attempted.

Ping TISI, Armour 845FS, Armour 845 Persimmon 400cc, Orlimar Trimetal, Orlimar Trimetal Plus

[Sep 22, 2011]
The Recreational Golfer
Model Reviewed: Titleist 975J driver

I got this as a throw-in at a used sporting goods store when I was really looking for a 3-wood to hit off the tee since I couldn't hit a driver very well at the time. I quickly ditched the 3-wood because the 975J is so easy to hit. It came with a Pro Force 65 shaft and just fits the way I swing. The sound of a solid hit is more of a crack than a metallic ping, and it feels cushy. It's easy to get the ball in the air, but it's easy to curve the ball, too, so you need to be a straight hitter to use this club. I keep thinking I need to update my driver, but I always come back to this one, my first metal driver after giving up my wooden 2-wood as a tee club. Everybody I let hit this club really likes it. You will, too. It was the cat's meow in its day, and it still does the job for me.

[Aug 04, 2010]
bjdrivers
Model Reviewed: 975J 9.5* Proforce Gold 75 S

I've pretty much demo'd every driver known to man, and after all was said & done i have gone back to this 300cc baby. It was the driver that started it for Titleist. I prefer the smaller head to the volvos on a stick made nowadays. paired with the right shaft, this driver is as solid as any. square face angle, looks great at address. it's very long & accurate for a better player. it's not very forgiving, so choppers should stay away. you can get a mint condition 975J on ebay for beans these days, bargain of the century.

all of them

[Jan 19, 2010]
herbsewell
Model Reviewed: Titleist 975 J Pro Titanium

This is the best driver that I have ever had. I have the UST Proforce 75 S flex shaft in it and the low torque lets me hit it a mile every time. I can always hit it confidently with this club and there is nothing better than I have had. I drove 100 miles to Golf Mart in Dublin Ca to spend $30.00 on a new driver. That was 4 years ago. Why spend an arm and a leg for new stuff when there is tons of quality used equipment for much much less.

Hello, my driver doesn't work!

Callaway Great Big Bertha, Mizuno T Zoid titanium. Callaway is crap.

[Aug 18, 2009]
Gary Pederson
Model Reviewed: Titelist 975J

I bought my Titleist 975J several years ago. It was the first driver that I ever really felt comfortable with. Eventually, I "graduated" to a Taylormade R7 425. This year I bought a used Cleveland Launcher 400 driver as a backup. Both clubs are nice and I have nothing bad to say about them. I was having problems hitting fairways this year though. My wife had pulled my 975J out of the basement to use in a company golf event. I had forgotten about it. Just for fun I put it back in my bag and took it to the range. Wow!! Why did I ever let this club go? I hit it straighter AND farther. Trust me. Bigger is not better.

None needed.

Cleveland Launcher 400, Taylotmade R7 425

[Jun 09, 2008]
EJ
Model Reviewed: Titleist 975j 8.5

I'm getting back into golf after a ten year lay off (played some in college) and man oh man. Last week I picked up a used Titleist 983 at a local Golf Galaxy and was happy with this one. Was in another Golf Galaxy this weekend and was just looking around. Knowing that I needed to have a spare I picked up this 975. Before I selected it, I tried out the 905, the R7 and the R5 and honestly this is the only one that felt any good. Took it to the range last night and after getting my swing in order, man oh man, it seemed to want to run as far away as it could from the club head. Every time I swung it. It was easily topping 200 and for me who was hitting 150 a few weeks ago this is amazing.

[Nov 16, 2007]
ktaituk
Model Reviewed: Titleist 975J

I am off 10 handicap and while i was waiting for my new R7 draw to be delived i was using this club for the weekend! i could not beleive how nice it was and how straight i hit it! i have a natural cut on my shots which sometimes turns into a slice on my drive! but this was so forgiving and i hit 14 fairways in my round of 79! very happy and it is in my bag infront of the new taylormade r7!

got it from a pro shop