Adams Golf Idea Pro Forged Irons

Adams Golf Idea Pro Forged Irons

Adams Idea Pro Forged Iron Set is made up of their latest forged irons (5-pw), and the Pro Hybrid in place of the 3 and 4 iron. Don't be fooled this set has a tremendous amount of technolofy.

[Sep 12, 2017]
Michael Kidd
Model Reviewed: Adams Pro Gold

I bought my irons in 2010 and later acquired the GW SW and LW. I have played with these clubs for 7 years. I have never looked back. When I am on, these clubs make me look great. The ball flight is so very true. These are great forged irons!!!

Ping i20, Titleist AP1, Callaway Apex forged, Lynx Predator Plus and Tommy Armour 845

[Feb 12, 2011]
greggthomas
Model Reviewed: Adams Idea Pro Gold Forged

Needed to upgrade from my MP 30s DGS300, and after a bunch of research I stumbled upon the IDea Pro Gold irons. Looked like a nice club and reviewers generally loved the feel. I have odd specs and was lucky enough to come across a slightly used set on ebay with the flighted Project x 6.0, and included GW, SW, LW for $300. Took a chance and man am I happy. The X 6.0 are stiffer than the S300 but are perfect for my swing (7I 150-160). The Adams irons are 1/4" longer than Mizuno's and again, this works out very well for me (and are the recommended length from my independent club fitting). Could not be happier even though I thought I would be a Mizuno guy for life.

Mizuno MP-30 (2002)

[Feb 12, 2011]
Gregg
Model Reviewed: Adams Idea Pro Gold Forged

Mizuno MP-30 (2002)

[Dec 13, 2010]
JAKEMONDUDE
Model Reviewed: Adams Pro Gold Irons/Hybrids set

I was initially looking at the MP57s & the Adams were hanging on the wall in front of me. I loved the classic "throw back" look and I took an 8 & 5 iron out to hit. Unbelievable feel! Although I play to a 4.2 handicap @ a private club that hosted the '05 U.S. Amateur, I am unfamiliar w/the "buttery" feel that so many write about, as the only butter that I am familiar with is that which goes onto my toast, yet these irons give nothing away to the MP 57s! The shape is classic and I love the way they frame the ball. They feel amazing through impact, and while you obviously will not get the distance on mis-hits that you would w/a game improvement iron, they are not nearly as harsh as the blades of the 1970s & 80s. Since I was planning on playing the Pro Black hybrids with the MP57s, I saved myself $350-400 by going with the Adams. In a nutshell, these are everything that a golfer, regardless of handicap, could want in a set of irons. The only area that I would exibit caution is in the shafts. I play the Project-X(flighted)6.0, and though it is said that the 6.0 compares to the S300, I find them slightly stiffer. Although this is an individual matter, if you are in doubt or have a handicap north of 18, make sure that you hit some balls, because the 5.0 or 5.5 may be more to your liking. From the club standpoint, the muscle-cavity Pro-Golds will only help your swing! Fairways & Greens 4ever!

Have not had the need to use, as clubs are new, and through 18 rounds, no heads have fallen off.

MP57, R9 TP, X-Forged, Titleist CB

[Sep 10, 2010]
JediMaster
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Adam golf idea pro forged pw-5

These are great set of forged irons. You will love the shot of it. Do not be fool by the budget price tag for these forged irons...they are best value for money.

[Jul 30, 2010]
sagelygolfer
Model Reviewed: Adams Idea Pro Forged

After playing many sets of irons from all manufacturers, I have found a diamond in the rough with these irons and hybrids!!! Unbelievable feel and distance!!! I have wrestled with the thought of dropping my 3 & 4 irons for hybrids for some time now, am I glad I made the change!!! These easiest and sweetest hitting hybrids on the market. I believe these clubs are playable for everyone from a scratcher to a mid capper!!! You will not be disappointed!!! And best of all you can get a great deal on these on eBay!!! Oh and by the way I personally believe that Famous Davis is blooming idiot!!!

Not needed

Ping i3, Taylor Made RAC, Callaway X14, X18, and Xtour, Cleveland Tour Action, and many more too numerous to name.

[Feb 09, 2010]
famousdavis
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Adams Pro

I'm the best player on this site so no need to read any other reviews. Don't like these irons. They aren't good enough for my skill level. This is like playing hockey with a buffalo chip. It's just not the real deal. Take it from me, the best. See ya'll later.

I asked to speak with Barney Adams and all i got was Barney Fife.

I can't say I've used anything similar because nothing is similar to these chopppers.

[Jun 25, 2009]
josdav
Model Reviewed: Adams Idea Pro Irons

Set came with 4 iron thru PW no Hybrid. At first look they were very appealing. Nice satin finish. At set-up very minimal offset and it seemed that each club progressed very nicely into the next. They are a true Cavity Blade and are as easy to hit as any club I've ever tried. I purchased these because they came with the stock Dynamic Black Gold shaft and because my handicap has gone since 1996 from a 2 to 3,4,6 and now a seven. I needed something a little easier to hit. I've used Hogan Apex blades since 1981 starting with the Apex ll, 88 Apex redlines and 2005 Apex FTX. I've always used a slightly stiffer shaft than stiff - a weak X really. Apex Pro shaft not the Red 4 in my Apex ll's the Black Red Apex Extra shaft ( which was a special order shaft ) in my 88's and Rifle 6.5 and DG X-100's in my FTX's. I had called Golfworks to inquire about the Flex specs on the Dynamic Black Gold and was told by them that they played stiffer than the flex indicated. Unfortunately this was not the case. The Black Gold stiff played as stiff as any ordinary stiff and I had my 8 to 10 yard draw from the 7 to 4 iron, will have to install either the X-100's or the Rifle 6.5 I probably won't go with the Black Gold X since there's no point in dishing out more money. That is my only complaint which is not a bad one. Otherwise they are very soft feeling at impact as soft as any club and I've hit and I've hit them all- Mizuno's MP 32,33,57 Tzoid Pro, Nike Victory Red blades, Taylormade Rac, Cobra, Macgregor MT blades, Callaway X forged 2006 and 2009 models and even the Adams Idea Tech and KZG blades. These are the softest feeling irons . Only the KZG's came as close to the soft feel that the Adams get. I never thought my FTX's would ever feel so harsh. Distance: I would have to say they are about 1/4 club longer than my FTX's. I have very precise measurements on my irons since the course I play has GPS on the carts and I have a Bushnell rangefinder. I hit my FTX 7 iron 183 yds from the ball to the divot on the green under ideal conditions and yesterday I hit 2 shots with the Adams 7 that went 188 and 190. It is no problem to hit these clubs flush. I would add if you have trouble getting the ball airborne these clubs have no problem getting good trajectory. I will say that considering the new cost of a set of these and the price they are going for on ebay you'd have to be crazy not to try them.

I bought these clubs from an individual so I cannot comment on Adams customer service.

Hogan Apex, Mizuno MP 32, Adams Idea Tech, Callaway X Forged.

[Nov 28, 2008]
Jeff Pobanz
Model Reviewed: Adams Idea Pro

Very nice irons. Love the hybrids and the forged irons are great. I have had every iron you can think of and rate these against anything.

[Feb 25, 2008]
coastgolfer
Model Reviewed: adams idea pro irons

I've been playing golf for 32 years and always preferred the traditional look in my irons...I played Hogan apex blades for years but thought i needed more forgiveness as my knees gave out and my strength started to leave me ...am 61 yrs old...after playing ping i3+ blades for a year...I decided to try at our local golf store a demo set of the beautiful Adams idea pro forged irons ...after hitting them pure into a net I took them to the course...They far exceeded my expectations...I loved the forged feel..the look at address and hit them dead straight and 1/2 a club longer than my Pings...The black gold rifle shafts are a perfect fit !!!! and I had the stiff shafts!!! I thought stiff wouldn't work....WRONG...and I don't feel I need to swing them hard...Even thought they are considered a blade...they are very forgiving with a solid feel...I bought a gap wedge as pitching wedge was a bit too long on my course and lob wedge to use in sand and lobs...This comes as a combo set but I just bought the P to 5 with the optional 4 tritech iron on order... as good as the hybrids are...I was happy with my Nickent hybrids but missed my 4 iron...these are great clubs...I shot a 79 at a very tough course the first round I used them...my partner thought I was a 5-6 handicap...not the 11 I am lol..had I used my new Nike sumo squared driver..might have gone a lot lower :) its loud and proud and oh so straight !! If you are looking for new irons..give Adams a try...they are not old mans clubs..you can work the ball..and very forgiving...

great

ping i3+ blades, hogan apex..