Cleveland TA5 Irons

TA5

Danny   Shoots in the 80s [Feb 23, 2013]
Model Reviewed: Cleveland TA5

I got these clubs in 2011 from my dad who got them from my grandpa in 2002, so they've really been used. i am 14 and shoot 85 averagely although my best score is only 79. These clubs are very good, especially for their age. they feel good when you hit the sweet spot but if you miss, you can feel it. i can hit the 7 iron about 160 yards on average. I previously had callaway irons and loved them but i play the cleveland better. thanks to these clubs i will be sticking to cleveland for a while if not forever. I will hopefully be upgrading to cleveland cg red's soon because they are very similar to the TA5's but with better technology and haven't been used to death. these clubs are recommended to anyone who wants solid long lasting irons.

Great Clubs

Similar Products Used: None
Carl vHS   Shoots in the 80s [May 17, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Cleveland TA5 Gunmetal

I bought these clubs in 2001 from my first paycheck. Back in those days they cost a lot of money in the Netherlands, but I thought the black club heads were pretty cool and different than usual.
I did also hit a few balls on the range and immediately loved them.
Ever since I have not even tried any other clubs and still absolutely adore them.
As soon as the season starts (I don't practice much during winter) I can hit these clubs as easy as at the end of the previous season.
Just as others have explained the distance is amazing, no difficulties in reaching the green from 180 meters with my 4 iron. I barely need to use the 3 iron.
One negative thing is that I play with a draw and find it pretty hard to hit a fade, but that could be my technique.

I take reasonably good care of them, but they still look perfect.

All in all, I do not think I will be changing this set soon.

No experience with them. None needed.

Similar Products Used: Used to play some lovely Daiwa DG-9101 tourblades when I was a lot younger and to be honest still have the SW in my bag.
Ken Pleiss   Shoots in the 80s [Jan 18, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Cleveland TA5 Gunmetal Irons

Best overall set of irons I've ever owned. I've played with numerous differnt lines over the last 20+ years, but the Clevelands are absolutely the best I've ever played with.
The TA5's are very similar to the Ping Eye 2's, just a little more refined. I've been playing with these irons for the past 5 years, and love them so much that I purchased two more sets as backups.
These irons are very easy to hit, are forgiving, and very accurate. The black gunmetal with the white lettering, also makes them the best looking irons I've ever seen.
Bottom line folks, there's only so much clubmakers can do with irons. Perimeter weighting can only do so much, regardless of the clubmaker. Trust me. With today's computer designed clubs, they've pretty much have done all they can do with improving ball flight. The golfer has to eventually take charge of his/her swing.
I really don't think there's a superior iron design out there. So, why not get something that doesn't look like it came from outer space? The TA5's have simple classic look to them, and definetly get the job done.

Similar Products Used: I've tried the majority of the main line brands. Still own a set of Ping eye 2's. Callway's X-12's are similar in design too.
Ricky Camacho   Shoots in the 70s [Oct 02, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Ta5 Cleveland Tour Action

My set was given to me,but I started using the club and we got along together. I like balance,face,grooves are also okay. It's an old model but can be compared to the new models of any brand.

I have not get in touch with our customer service yet,and i hope not. hahaha....

Similar Products Used: Ben Hogan Apex plus,Ping Karsten Velirium copper
EDWARD J BROWN   Shoots in the 80s [Jun 05, 2009]
Model Reviewed: CLEVELAND TA5 GUN METAL

START AT A 19 HANDICAP. BOUGHT THE CLEVELAND TA5 GUN METAL IRONS AND IN THE SAME SEASON MY HANDICAP HAS DROPED TO A 10. GREAT CLUBS CLEVELAND. THANKS.

BCBEAR   Shoots in the 80s [Apr 20, 2009]
Model Reviewed: cleaveland ta-5

have had meney sets of irons over the years starting with blade type because that's all they used to sale back then. they've made big inprovements on what you can buy now to help your game,the best irons i've found for me is the ta-5's i have more confidence with these irons than any other and that alone has entilted me to shoot some nice rounds.give them a try, they may just be the right iron for you.

ian c   Shoots in the 80s [Apr 15, 2009]
Model Reviewed: ta5 medallion

i have been reading reviews on this site and others for years.this is my favorite review site.i had to register to write this review. But i had to write the only golf club review i will ever write.i am a golf club junkie.i play left handed.i play a titleist 905r driver and some cleveland ta5 irons with +1inch rifle 6.0 shafts.i am a terrible golfer but i am currently better than many people.my irons and my driver are saving me.i have owned many drivers and i promise the 905r the one for me but i still may switch again soon,just always looking (shaft is important).i have also owned many irons from wilson Ci7,ta 3,ta5 gunmetal,macregor murfields(I LOVE BLADES),r7 draw,nike slingshot oss,ping eye 2,ping g2,ping i3,ping i3+,731 pm,tm 360,x 12,x 20,and a few more. With the correct shaft no irons and i mean no irons can make the average guy like me look so good.you can work the ball,hit high,hit low,penetrating ball flight.if i get a little more consistant chiping i will be in the 70s.if i switch to any other irons i would probably be back in the 90s.now how is that possible?these irons probably have the most reviews on this site for irons(now that is saying something).take it from a club junkie.dont buy the lastest irons.dont care what your friends think.buy these irons and make sure you get a shaft you like.i still cannot belive i wrote this review.i am sorry if it is not the best but i mean every word.(BEST IRONS EVER MADE IN MY HUMBLE OPINION)they also have a high maltby playabilty factor but thats not everything.i have played others that were supposed to have high playability and they were nothing like the ta5.there is nothing like them with the right shafts....PERIOD

never used

Similar Products Used: read review
Travis Stolle   Shoots in the 80s [Jan 29, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Cleveland TA5 irons

THESE ARE THE BEST CLUBS I HAVE EVER HIT AND/OR FELT. Balanced perfectly, long, very forgiving and very price friendly.

Similar Products Used: My prior set was the Taylor Made RAC LT. They will be collecting dust for a while.
jessc5555   Shoots in the 70s [Jan 06, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Cleveland TA%

What a sweet set of irons. The best I have ever played. Easy to hit and long. my 9 iron is 150-155 which is much longer than my old taylors. I have a higher swing speed 110 with my driver 90 or so with my 5 iron and still use regular flex. I just like the feel of the regulars. Easy to hit great value and will stick with these for awhile.

None