Mizuno MP-37 Irons

Mizuno MP-37 Irons

[Nov 22, 2013]
Bima
Model Reviewed: MP37

Great club and great feel for mid to short distance range. i ve been using it in the past 5 years, and never thought to replace it.
The standard one a little too long for my posture, i did some custom made on the shaft to be fit with my swing style.... Other than that it's a Great club to whom love a Blade Irons

CG2, MP29, TA2

[May 25, 2011]
Atlas Mason
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MP-37

I think way too much emphasis in golf clubs has been placed on offset and cavity arrangements. I feel the most important elements are included in sole design; camber, roll and bounce. When it comes to sole design, these are the best. Slightly rounder and with slightly more bounce than, say Titleist 690MBs (my other playing set). They wont dig as much and will slide through turf a little better. They are basically MP-29's with softer edges.

The strong lofts mean you won't lose distance when compared to cavities, and the forged muscle gives pinpoint distance control.

If you want to have a chance at total control but be able to miss a little and get away with it, these are for you.

Not necessary, purchased new when they were current, no issues since. (5 years?)

Titleist 690MB, Daiwa DG-201, Mizuno MS-201, MacGregor Pro-82 Custom (1984. (yes, I'm only a blade guy)

[Apr 06, 2011]
The HP Man
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MP37

The truth is these are a demanding club. THey are more demanding than the MP 33,11,32,68 and any other Mizuno blade I have played. They are not for the guy that has an occasional fat shot or who does not hit it center. YOu can play the other Mizuno blades and get away with it. I found that the best thing about these clubs. I was getting kinds slack in my posture and setup. With these puppies you will pay the price of embarrassment. I am in love with these things. If you feel you are ready to become a true baller then get these and find some grass and get busy. If you have any swing flaws you will know them very well by the time you get to the 9 iron. They do not have a lot of offset at all. They are made backwards, the short irons have offset and the longer ones lose offset. I am telling you these are the clubs for the golfer who want to improve and hit a pure set of irons.

Dont know got em cheap/

Majority of Mizuno blades.

[Dec 01, 2010]
Oly
Scratch Golfer

Wow!!! I am a very low handicap golfer. I have played many different irons over the years. I recently purchased MP37 irons used buy like new. I had been hitting S58 ping blades for 4 years previously. I only bought these because I got rid of the pings at the end of the golf season in Canada (october) and bought a new set of MP53's. I planned a trip to Palm Springs in November and did not want to take the new Mizuno's just in case, so I purchased these MP 37's at a golftown for 400.oo. I loved them right away. By the end of the 3rd round at PGA West Stadium course I liked them so much I think I'm going to hit them until they wear out. Then I'll use my new 53's. They look great and are smooth like butter. Yes you have to hit them well but they are easier to hit than most would believe.

Ping S58; Titleist CB 690

[Jun 24, 2009]
Marc Goyan
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MP 37

I dicovered these little gems almost by accident. I already had a set of Titleist AP 1's on order, but before they arrived, I was on the range with my club's pro, he had a set of MP 33's. I had never hit a good blade up until that point, I was really impressed at the shots that I was making with these clubs!!! I was hitting beautiful draws, maybe 5 yards shorter that he was, per club, with amazing accuracy. The feedback these clubs give you is amazing, they feel incredably solid on a good hit, and if you hit it bad, you'll know about it. I use both sets, the AP1's early in the year, until my swing is grooved, then move to the MP 37's when I am swinging well. If you are going to take golf lessons, you should get a good forged blade club like these, there is nothing more revealling than the feedback that you get from these clubs

Titleist 981DCI, MacGregor MT Tourney CB's, Titleist AP 1, Mizuno MP33

[Jun 11, 2009]
cgreen
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MP37

I must admit first and foremost that I am a certified club junkie...I currently own a least a dozen different sets of irons with forged being my favorite. I am a somewhat consistant ball striker and have never struggled to get an iron shot up in the air. For years I played over sized cast cavity backs and never saw much improvement in my shot making. After many range sessions with several different makers clubs, I settled on Mizunos due to the extremely soft feel when hitting the sweet spot. I purchased a set of MP37s that were fit to me by a professional fitter. I needed 1" over and 2* up...got exactly what I ordered and never looked back. These clubs can be very demanding if you don't practice and very rewarding if you do! The things these clubs taught me are priceless... all due to the incredible feel they feed back to you on every shot. When used consistantly you don't even have to look up to know where your shot is headed... you'll just feel it. Hey, some days they can be too much, if my swing is off that day or I get sloppy and loose concentration, but when the round is over I'm glad I play with these awesome irons. Draws, fades, high, low.... all very possible with these highly workable sticks. Great spin on the short irons and distances are predictable throughout the set. If you have the time and desire to improve your game, these irons are some of the best "teachers" I've used!

Never had to use

Maxfli A10 tour Limited(very nice), Mizuno MP30, Macgregor Forged PCB Tour, Ping ISI, Mizuno ProII, Wood Bros CB Forged, Wilson Staff, etc.

[Mar 14, 2009]
wayne lingard
Model Reviewed: MP37

Quite simply one of the best sets of irons ever made....Get yourself a 2 iron and hit a hundred balls a week with it, you will get better believe me. Anyone who thinks cast clubs actually help are slightly mad, look at the part of the club you actually hit the ball with, its the same as a blade and the thickness of the steel is not thin enough for the back of the club to have any effect whatsoever apart from actually reduce feel, and thats what mp 37's are all about the best in feel and shotmaking full stop.

[Feb 19, 2009]
tom howard
Model Reviewed: MP37

Bought my set 4 years ago. Use 6.0 Rifle Shafts that are 1.5" longer. Did this to flatten out my swing and it did the trick. Would recommend for the higher handicapper with the understanding that they will have to practice / play more often. These blades allow you to shape the ball flight and control distance better than a cavity back or cast head. Prior to purchase, I did take the time to take a look at the other clubs available and decided on Mizuno. 2-SW in what I have. Very pleased 4 cap.

Thanks,

Tom

[Nov 05, 2008]
Brent
Model Reviewed: mp 37

Even though I shoot in the 90's, these clubs have help me. Like any blade, they are not very forgiving. But on the flip side, these clubs have improved my game with great feed back (good and bad). I have improved my ball striking skills because I have to focus on the impact with the ball and iron more. Blades are not a scary as people make them and I feel they are a great teaching tool. When my iron shots are on, you can't beat the feel and responsiveness. I prefer less control and more feel because I think blades can make me a better player. Mizuno forged irons are great in feel and I recommend these clubs if you have the comfort with blades.

[Oct 29, 2008]
HackerPaul
Model Reviewed: MP-37

Everyone's take on these irons is quite accurate. For the high handicappers who put in the time to practice with these irons, they're correct in that the irons "help" them by forcing them to concentrate on clean ballstriking. Of course, for the guys who shoot scratch and into the low 80's, a good repeatable swing will get you good results with these irons with great feedback and distance control.

I've had my set for about 2 weeks now and I've taken the time to practice 4 days a week with them so that I can at least take the 8-pw clubs to the course and use them. When you make solid contact with these irons, they will go where you want them to go: draw, fade or straight. You take a bad swing and the club will let you know that your swing sucked for a moment.

All in all, great irons. Just set aside plenty of practice time and repeat your best swing.

MP-57, TM r7 CGB Max, TM RAC OS, Callaway Big Bertha '97, Callaway Fusion Wide Sole, and Ben Hogan Edge.