Mizuno MP-60 Irons

• Perfect trajectory
  • Innovative Cut Muscle Cavity design

[May 29, 2021]
boorish1973

Strength:

These clubs are incredible. They hit very solid. When you miss, you can tell where you miss but you are not severely punished. Great game improvement clubs. I hit every GI iron under the sun before buying these and I'm 100% confident I bought the best GI clubs on the market. Glass Repair Irvine

Weakness:

Can't find any.

Purchased:
New
[Mar 09, 2015]
Mark
Model Reviewed: Minuzo MP 60

I started when i was 39 im now 42 and switched to these blase my 2nd year. If you can const stike the ball correctly then i highy recommend. If you are still stuggling with avg scoring then these are not for you. I can shape the ball great with a cut or draw and the distance control and spin is amazing. When i wear these out ill stick with mizuno blades!!

[Jan 04, 2013]
Tom
Model Reviewed: MP-60

Best clubs I've ever played with. As others here have mentioned, these clubs aren't overly forgiving, so if you don't plan on consistently working on and molding your swing, then they probably aren't for you.

If, however, you are willing to put in the time, these clubs will reward you. The 'carvability' that these clubs have helped add to my game is phenomenal. If you're looking at playing difficult courses that will find you with some tricky shots, and you're ready for it, I 110% recommend these clubs.

[Jan 20, 2012]
Rob
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MP-60

I'm overly impressed with these irons.. i purchased them second hand but they have had very little use with almost no marks.. they hit true and long and they have a fantastic feel.. couldn't be happier

[Oct 12, 2011]
Eddie
Model Reviewed: MizunoMP60

Swapped Callaway X14 for these with aldila pro55 graphite shafts the results are night and day When you hit these on the screws there is no better feeling

did not use

Played several Callaways Pings Taylor madethese sticks out perform them all

[Jun 12, 2011]
Martin Walker
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MP 60

Simply supurb clubs. Equal to anything that has been or will be made. Clubs are a very personal thing and whether you like or dislike a club is up to the individual. For me these clubs are so good because there is nothing extreme about them. Topline, off-set, sole and cavity size are all small to moderate.

These sticks will reflect the quality of your swing and the direction of the clubface. They also let you know where you made contact, which is all good stuff to me as that is how I might get better.

There is a fair amount of forgiveness depending on what that means. If you miss the sweet spot a bit then they will perform OK, if you hit them with a closed or open clubface then they will draw or fade rather than tend to go straight like a lot of game improver irons. Sure when I hit a bad shot I wish I had some Big Berthas or something, but when I nail one I'm happy again.

All this means that anyone can hit them but it all depends on what you want from a club. If you want to just slap at the ball and get a decent result then they aren't for you. If you want a club that let's you know how your swing is going without being over punishing then these are great.

Distance is like all other clubs it mainly depends on the swing speed, shaft and loft. The lofts are a bit more traditional compared to more modern clubs so they won't go as far as strongly lofted clubs but that's neither here or there.

If you decide to give them a try they are very cheap at the moment, just make sure the shaft is right for you and get them bent to your specs and all will be good.

Until the rules on clubs change or there is a major technology breakthrough I can't see how anything better than these will come along. It must be a pain for manufacturers who need to make changes and bring out so called better clubs every year or so when they know they can't really improve on an older model.

[Nov 29, 2010]
Chopper
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MP 60 Cut

Really impressed with these clubs. I bought them iron by iron from a bin at my local Golf Store Boneventure Golf Augusta GA. So I payed a total of 100.00 for a 6 through pitchng wedge. The used sets are selleing for $300.00. Ne-ways. I am committed to staying with the se irons. They are frustrating and will make you pay dearly for bad swings; but that is what I need to do so that I know I am swinging badly. But as you begin to correct the swing and learn to play corrrectly these clubs are awesome and they are teaching me. i recommend them to anyone looking to really learn how to swing an iron.

Taylormade rac 2005 TP

[Nov 02, 2010]
yournan123
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: mizuno mp60

these irons are amazingly good to hit and when you do hit these irons correctly they go miles. Before I brought these irons i had the mp33's which were good irons until I recognised these beuties. I would recomend to those of you who are handicap 12 and below. :)

mizuno mp33

[Oct 22, 2010]
R KNIGHT
Model Reviewed: mizuno mp 60 irons

I recently bought the mp 60's on Ebay for a great price.I have tried tons of different irons,mostly game improvement irons.These Mp 60's are incredible.They are well balanced,look terrific and when you hit them on the nose it is a beautiful thing.They are more forgiving than the Mp 32's with a little bit larger head.These irons go where you point them and the distance and height are excellent.I have noticed I am more focused on my swing and tempo because they are not blunt instruments like my oversize irons.A repeating swing is a must and if you hit these on the toe you will not be a happy camper.I have 5 sets of Mizuno's all with True Temper shafts except these.They have Nippon 950 steel stiff shafts.I highly recommend you get the Nippon shafts,they are the best I have ever hit.At 53 I have findly found my irons,at 63 I will put Nippon Regular shafts in them and keep on playing.

Mp 23 Mx 17 Mx 19 Mp32 Mx 950 Ping s59 ping isi-s ping g5 cobra s-z

[Jun 19, 2010]
Rick in Texas
Model Reviewed: MP-60

Of, here's a real life testimony with no BS about these clubs. I have been a mid to high handicapper for 20 years. I started out all wrong by hitting forged blades which almost made me quit the game. A buddy talked me into buying a set of Golfsmith Harver Pencik Master offset cavity-backed cast clubs. I did much better and have over the years but I knew it wasn't just the club it was my swing. This is the first year I have played a considrable amount of golf ( 10 rounds so far)and have been going to the range more. My swing has gotten much better tot he point I have been shooting low-mid 80's> But something has been missing. The offset started to affect my game as my swing got better as many shots were starting to draw too much> A freind gave me his set of MP60's and said just try them. Well, off to the range I went and after a bucket I was smilin gear to ear. These clubs force you to swing smoother and with better tempo. And when yu do, it is the sweetest feeling I have ever felt while striking a golf ball. The flight/trajectory is perfect and my draw has been reduced to only a couple yards now. The feedback and workability of these clubs is awesome. I did notice that these clubs are about a half a club shorter than my previous cavity-backs prolly due to thge swing weigt being slighly lighter. I can fix that though by replacing the Dynamic Gold shafts with a bit lighter ones. However I DO NOT recommend them to beginners. While they are forgiving, you need a good swing with good mechanics to consistently hit a good shot. BUt oh when you hit one of the "screws" there isn't a better feeling. These clubs have helped my swing that much more by having to swing smoother with better tempo. NOw I klnow what tour pros feel when they strike a perfect shot. These clubs are pure awesomeness!!!