Mizuno MP-68 Irons

Mizuno MP-68 Irons

Mizuno MP-68 3-PW Iron Set with Steel Shafts Mizuno's MP-68 Irons with 3D muscle technology are the next generation of muscleback irons. The innovative 3D muscle is the result of extensive computer optimization to deliver the ideal CG location that is lower and more face-centered, providing a penetrating and workable ball flight for complete shot control. The MP-68 irons also have a Tour Confirmed sole shape that ensures the appropriate amount of turf interaction for pure ball striking. Mizuno's

[Sep 11, 2021]
boorish1973

Strength:

hey feel very solid and the trajectories from club to club are very consistent. They create great spin on solid strikes and spin fairly well when hit a groove down as well. | Dead Animal Removal Vallejo

Weakness:

i have been playing the mp 68 for 2 1/2 year and my game has got a lot better

[Nov 05, 2015]
Ryan Edward Morris
Model Reviewed: Titleist 690.mb

I play mainly mizuno. From the 59, to the 67, 68, 4, and 54. I've owned them all. I love the 67s. Still played my best rounds with them.
Either way, I got curious when I saw a set of the 690.mb for a steal, with no browning and only moderate sole wear on the wedge.
Man, can u whack the ball with these babies. They aren't as soft as my mizzies, but everytime I play these I tell myself I'm gonna keep them in my bag till they r used up. They are heavier than my 67s and 68s and 4s (yes they all have the same shaft except the 4s), but that is a good thing.
I also feel the sweet spot is slightly more toward the heel than on the mizzies.
Having loved hogan, then macgregor, then mizuno, it may be time to try out titleist. There's just not enough time in the day.

Fine

Mp 68. 67. 4. 54. 53. 59. H5.
Cb 690
1025m vips

[May 10, 2015]
Marc
Model Reviewed: MP-68

I was -still am- trying to find a decent set of irons for my second bag... the one that stays at my parents in France.
My main bag carries the amazing MP-32, that I have played for more than 8 years. So I thought I could either get a second hand set of MP-32's or try to find an alternative.
So I ebayed first a set of MP 69... they felt awful and went straight back on the bay, but it was part the fault of the shafts that were randomly cut at womens length.
I then sourced a set of 68's with KBS tour stiff shafts. They are just a bit upright for me as I like them 1-2 degrees flat, but ok. Look amazing, feel amazing... 20% of the time, when the ball is exactly, I mean exactly in the sweet spot. Any millimetre off center costs you 1-2 yards in distance. Miss the spot by 5mm and the shot becomes downright dodgy.
Workability is not the same as the MP-32s as you cannot come with a sharp inside out or outside inside swing without compromising the quality of the flight badly. Consequence is you cannot shape the ball as much as you want: a 5-yards draw or fade will feel good, a 12 yards one will give you a weak feel, not something I am used to. Even my very old TP-9 give me better feedback.
Overall I like them, but I know they cost me 1 or 2 shots on an average day and probably 3+ on a bad day.
When I get back to the 32's I am amazed at the consistency and the buttery contact... The 68's don't have the click-y feel of Titleist steel, but they fail to deliver the soft butter feel that you expect from a Mizuno.

none (2nd hand)

MP-32

[Aug 26, 2013]
rayp1111
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MP68

Always loved Japanese golf gear, have used a lot of Mizuno irons over the last 20 years or so, best set I ever had was a set of Mizuno TP9's. Although I had drifted out to a 10 handicap having spent most of my years playing off B/W 5 - 8, I thought "give the Mizuno Blades another go". Worst thing I have ever done! This set were brand new with the latest KBS steel shafts, looked a million dollars, but unless you strike it PERFECT! they go nowhere. All they did was convince me my forged blade days are over. Went straight back to my Honma 708 irons to get my distance back. Recommend these irons to strong hitting, low markers only.

Everything there is out there!

[May 27, 2013]
Sean Stratton
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: mizuno mp 68 3-pw w/ dgs300

I have played these blades for nearly 3 years now. They feel very solid and the trajectories from club to club are very consistent. They create great spin on solid strikes and spin fairly well when hit a groove down as well. Distance is about what you would expect from an iron set with a 47 degree pitching wedge and a 21 degree 3 iron. They are very workable if you know how to control the clubface through the impact zone. Due to the technology built into the back of these blades they also almost have a cavity back type of forgiveness to them on slightly heeled or toed impacts. If you prefer forged blades buy these while you can still find them brand new.

I just had to see my local club repair guy to tweak the lie angles to my specs.

many forged blades and the cleveland cg red 3-pw (best cast club ever made by the way)

[Apr 09, 2013]
fgrimley32
Model Reviewed: MP68

I got these prior year demo-model bad boys from a local vendor for $265, 4-PW, 6.0 PX shafts. I took them to the range the very next day to see how they perform.
All I can say is WOW! I pretty much have just gotten the deal of my golfing lifetime.

Firstly, the look of the blades (in the bag and at address) is just amazing. This is how golf nirvana is supposed to begin.
I started by working my way up the bag with the lowest odd (5 iron), back around the horn (58 deg Miz T-4), and down with the even, finishing with the 4Iron.

Starting on the range, my initial hits had a very soft yet non-pure feel because I wasn't doing a full backswing turn, nor was I hitting down on the ball. Once I GOT OVER the club "newness" effect, I started doing a full shoulder turn, staying in balance, hitting down on the ball, and following through fully. The results were just phenominal! The ball would literally leap off the club-face and the fluid viper-snap feedback was euphoric. The sound is like Wolverine extending his claws. Thhhhhhkk-TT.

It was the first time in my golfing lifetime that I feel I actually made "golf shots". When people talk about shaft loading and the club doing the work, I didn't know what they were talking about, but now I do. It got soo bad, after hitting about 5-10 of these consistently grouped shots that I was literally laughing out loud while holding the "look at me hit the best shots of my life" pose and staying IN BALANCE.

I've hit good shots with the '03 Nike Blades, but the ballflight, the feedback, nor the sound wasn't even close to what I experienced with these BadBoys. One of the few drawbacks is you'll either maintain current distance (rare; I didn't) or lose a few yards (I lost 5 yards, on ave). These irons are not made for gaining yards, as they (in my experience) do balloon at the top more than anything I've hit. I, for one, don't care. I'll take a few yards lost IN EXCHANGE for hitting 5 balls in a row within a few yards of my target. Never even came close to that with any other club.

Closing, I would say if you are interested in a MUCH MORE CONSISTENT and great looking clubs and want to hit it from the short grass more often, get these blades. Even if you are a mid-to-high handicapper, like me, simply have patience (there will be bad days) to keep working on the fundamentals. A full backswing, staying in balance, and hitting down on the ball will bring great results with these clubs. You will be shocked at the difference.

Nike Pro Combo, Nike '03 Blades, Callaway X-Forged, Titleist AP1, Ben Hogan Apex

[Jan 27, 2013]
Tony Hutchinson
Model Reviewed: MP68

I've had these irons for a about a year now and I love them. I hate them too though. I love the feel and the feedback from a well struck shot. Anything high on the face and you know immediately watching a ball ballooning and going nowhere.

A beautiful club to use if your swing and contact are repeatable. The flight and control of the ball is excellent. There is no forgiveness in the head though anything off center and you will know about it.

MP9, MP64,

[Jan 14, 2013]
Kim
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MP-68

Finally I have got the irons that inspires me everytime I see them! I have gone through, Titleist AP2, Nike ProCombo, Wilson FG tour V2 to name a few. Now I get that exiting feeling everytime i'm playing! Look at address is just stunning! Mizuno are the rulers of the blade and irons in general. The Look and feel are second to none in my epinion!! Very Happy!

Not used

Nike Pro Combo, Titleist AP2, Wilson FG Tour V2, Mizuno MP-60 an MP-58.

[Jul 31, 2012]
Sean
Model Reviewed: Mizuno MP 69

Well you'd probably laught like the pro at the pro shop who i had told what equipment i was playing and having a handicap of 26. Meaning i was shooting in the low hundred's. To start i bought the TM Burner II iron set in 2010 seeing how i really needed game improvement clubs. Well as to no suprise my shots were everywhere and i couldn't controll it and i was angry with myself for not knowing how to correct my swings. I have had these clubs for 2 years now and still no improvement. It wasn't until i was just messin' around at another golfshop that stumbled over a set of old Mizuno T- zoid pro II for $60. I couldn't pass that up cause they looked really nice. And this happened about 3 months ago and after a month of playing with the T-zoid I knew exactly what was wrong with my swings. It was then that i knew i had to get rid of the omen, Burner 2 irons. I sold it on ebay for 300 bucks, and man was i so glad they were gone. Anyways, back to the Mizuno, i had improved so much with the T-zoid that i knew i had to try the lastest blades from mizuno seeing how the MP 69 still cost a bundle more that i decided to save a few hundreds on the last year's model, the MP 68 i dont know why but the 68 just sounds better than the 69 unless it had to do with sex. Haha...
Anyway, i bought a used set of MP 68 these blades are just out right goregous and i liked the buttery feel on my T-zoid pro II's but i love the even better butteryness of the MP 68's. And my handicap is getting lower and lower by weeks. I just wanted to say to the people who laughted at me for shooting in the 100's area and wanting to use blades to improve my games. Buddies you can keep your cavity backs and your game improvement clubs. Lol
Within 3 months of the switchs i have cut 10 or more strokes on my handicap. I shot a 91 a couple days ago and i can't wait til next weekend to take it below 90...??
Do i recomend the Mizuno MP 68? Wouldnt you?

Never needed them

I dont think anything else can give you that buttery feel like the Mizuno Blades.
I have hit some other blades; Titleist, Cleveland, Wilson, Ping. But most if not all these have a dull feel.