Ping Eye 2 Irons

Ping Eye 2 Irons

Wildly Popular since their mid 80's inception, the Ping Eye2 Irons are the original, and still one of the best cast, perimeter weighted cavity back irons on the market.

[May 28, 2021]
rosendamanns2

Strength:

The heads are bigger than blade type irons but not huge so you can still move them through the rough. I also appreciate their durability. Kitchen Cleaning Boston

None so far.

New
[May 25, 2021]
madmardigan

Strength:

Great quality. Affordable and it performs as expected. Tile Contractor Company

Nothing to worry about.

New
[Dec 06, 2017]
sushma12

Strength:

Testing

Price Paid:
Used
Model Year:
2005
[Oct 29, 2017]
JPLROPER

Strength:

These are irons I keep coming back to, they just seem to preform well. Mine have the ZZ-lite shafts and I really like how they work, stiff but not harsh feeling with the eye 2 heads. I have the 3-pw and the sand wedge which is the best sw I've played out of traps. The heads are bigger than blade type irons but not huge so you can still move them through the rough. I also appreciate their durability.

Weakness:

Not sure if I have any negatives, people mention the weaker lofts, but thats easy to work around. Some times I'll go through a brief phase where I feel the off set has me miss aligning shots but that easy to correct.

Price Paid:
90.00
Used
Model Year:
2017
[May 31, 2015]
Tony d
Model Reviewed: Ping eye

I have a set of ping eye for sale full set

[Oct 09, 2014]
Richard Weed
Model Reviewed: Ping Eye 2

Bought my set in 1983 and used them ever since. In the last couple of weeks the 9 iron and the 7 iron lost their heads. Yep! Snapped right above the hosel. I asked Ping for a free repair and they refused on the basis that the clubs are too old. Nice corporate relations strategy Pung.

Ping politely turned me down with no discussion.

Will be switching brands for sure to Callaway and replacing my old Ping G2 driver with a Callaway X2 Hot. I've heard great things about their irons and drivers.

[May 12, 2014]
John
Model Reviewed: Ping Eye 2

So consistent... It probably helps that I've been playing these irons since the late 80's. I don't seem to hit them too short. 8 iron is good for 140 yards or so. Can hit the 2 iron consistently, especially off the tee. Great alternative for tight tee shots. I used to shoot in the 70's, but don't play regularly over the last several years. Only once last year, but hitting these irons is like riding a bike. Don't swing too hard, feel the club head, stay over the ball, and the results are good! Super accurate.. I tend to fade my woods, but not my irons. Can play 'em high and soft or drive it in shallow. I don't recall what I paid for them... They weren't cheap back in the day... But I've had them so long, the value is proven to be excellent. They're a bit odd looking I guess, but I hit them so well, I've grown to love the way they look. So confidence inspiring...

[Feb 02, 2014]
rob11751
Model Reviewed: Eye 2

i still have the set of ping eye 2s i got back in the 80s, i cant stand them they hit short and too high in flight

[Dec 09, 2013]
rob
Model Reviewed: Eye 2

i got a invitation from a good friend to play at his country club which i gladly excepted. while waiting for our group to start, one of the members saw my old set of ping eye 2s which i owned since 84, he kindly asked if i would mind playing with a loner set which i gladly said yes. seems like they dont like the old ping eye 2 on their course, haha i didnt mind, the new set of taylor made clubs were a pleasure to hit, and alot farther as well

[Jul 30, 2013]
whynotme
Model Reviewed: Eye 2

Why i ever stopped playing these, I do not know. After several years of trying every other iron you can think of, i found a set of Eye 2's again and will not change. It is no wonder that every cavity back made since 1990 has copied these irons. they are easy to align, easy to hit, workable, and have a mid-size head. Other than sometimes wanting a little less offset, these irons are all that everyone else says they are and more. Perfect for any player - of any handicap. Find a set, buy them, play them, keep them.

you name it - blades, game improvement, clones, etc.