Ping G10 Irons

Ping G10 Irons

Irons

[May 29, 2021]
olivernicholle9052

Strength:

These clubs are incredible. They hit very solid. When you miss, you can tell where you miss but you are not severely punished. Great game improvement clubs. I hit every GI iron under the sun before buying these and I'm 100% confident I bought the best GI clubs on the market. Waterloo Tree Service Pros

Weakness:

No negatives, all round excellent club.

Purchased:
New
[Apr 15, 2015]
Dawg
Model Reviewed: Ping G10 Irons

Everywhere you look on club reviews there are hundreds of people who claim to be scratch/70 shooters. If that were the case we would have 10,000 on the tour. Also some of them are hackers and can't hit a ball 150 yds from the red tees. If you are smart don't read others reviews on a certain club, go try it for yourself. Best route to travel that way you want ended up with something that someone else says they hit it 10 to 20 yards further than ever before. That 10 to 20 yards further seems to be the norm on no matter what they hit. Amazing

[Aug 23, 2013]
ETK
Model Reviewed: Ping G10 Irons

I shoot in the upper 70s and lower 80s. I have owned over 20 sets of irons including 5 sets of various Ping irons (G and I series). The G10 irons are the best irons I have ever played and hit the ball long and high. I shot a 79 and 81 (two miseed short birdy puts)the first week I owned them. This is undoubtably the best set of irons I have ever owned.

Ping I5, I15, G2, G5. Callaway X series, Ben Hogan, Mizuno, Adams and many more.

[Aug 17, 2012]
Tommy Etherson
Model Reviewed: Ping G10

I am a Golf Acemdemy student and have been playing the old Ping Eye 2s my whole life. Got pretty good with them, been a 70s player for a few years now. I just upgrated to the G10s and wow,immediate response. These clubs hit so pure every time. I didnt gain any distance but in the past 2 weeks ive had rounds par or better. I highly recommend them. You will drop strokes

Ping Eye 2s

[Feb 19, 2012]
ADRIAN HEALY
Model Reviewed: PING G10 IRONS

I HAVE HAD MY G10 FOR OVER A SEASON NOW,AND I AM STILL AMAZED HOW GOOD THESE CLUBS REALLY ARE, BEFORE I HAD THESE I WOULD SHOOT MID 80 BUT SINCE I HAVE HAD THESE I HAVE MANAGED TO PLAY REGULAR TO SHOOT IN THE 70 S,A GREAT CLUB IN YOUR HAND.

[Jul 24, 2011]
rob
Model Reviewed: Ping G10

Recently received the 21 and 28 degees from a friend.
I have only had a chance to play 3 rounds so far this season.
Without ever having hit them I put them in my bag this past round.
I did not deserve the results that I had given my time away from the game -
Great clubs - easy to hit.
Good opportunity to pick them up as they are a season or so old and should be had at a good price

[Feb 06, 2011]
jerry
Model Reviewed: g10

I have played the G10 for two years, and have progressively lost distance with these clubs. I have a love hate relationship. The four iron is not in the bag. I do love the wedge, and the G10 can hook or draw like no other club. But, don't try and fade them for even more loss of distance.

[Jan 28, 2011]
Steven
Model Reviewed: Ping G10

Just bought a new G10 for $430. Very easy to hit and very forgiving. Mis-hit goes straight but there is a 10-15% loss of distance. This is not the softest set of irons I've hit but if you strike the ball well, it feels solid. I don't really care if this model is 2 years old as the technology is still very much relevant. The best part I like is the custom fitting for lie angle. Being of a smaller built, I find most irons are at least 1-2 degrees too upright. Ping allows me to get the correct lie angle thru it's color coding. Workmanship is first class. Fantastic value for money.

very good

Callaway

[Dec 15, 2010]
golfbug
Model Reviewed: Ping G10 irons

For the last 4 years I've shot mid 70's to low 80's. I have a pretty decent swing and almost always strike the ball pure and because of this I've played with blades feeling these are the clubs I've earned the right to play. Truth is, I've always enjoyed hitting cavity back irons more than blades, especially the "game improvement" irons. To me, the larger cavity back clubs feel more balanced, more weighted and inspire a lot of confidence. I decided to make the switch to the G10's when I saw that game improvement irons were becoming more widely used on tour. K.J. Choi is now playing with G15 irons, 4-PW. The G10's are constructed very well and I really like the look and feel of these clubs. The wide soles play through the rough pretty easily and a thick topline inspires confidence. My set has the Z-Z65 stiff flex shafts that keeps the ball down to a mid-high ball flight and minus 2 degrees lie. Definitely get fitted. It's free and takes about 20 minutes. I could never play a club off the shelf. I personally have not noticed much distance loss or shaping capabilities since changing over to the G10's. I have however, noticed that I enjoy hitting my irons alot more. While blades seem to stay the same over the years, cavity back clubs seem to be receiving the bulk of modern day engineering efforts. Ironically, many people don't have an issue embracing a crazy-looking mallet-style putter or an oversized, weighted driver that's been engineered to the max for forgiveness and accuracy all whilst holding onto their blades or similarly dated-styled irons. Game improvement irons are finally beginning to have their day in the sun and I believe it won't be long before the label of "game improvement" goes away and these type of irons become the norm for many more golfers of all skill levels, including pros. The G10's are a real winner and I think Ping continues to make huge strides in the development and playability of their irons. Way to go, Ping!

These people are extremely helpful on the phone and will answer all your questions thoroughly.

Ping S59's

[Dec 14, 2010]
Not a hacker
Model Reviewed: Ping G10

Just to get tings straight right off the bat, I don't care for the opinions of sod laying choippers choppers. But I am looking at a set of G10 knockoffs and hoped to find a credible review to help me decide. Thankfully Jimmy decided to write a review here, which I know I can trust just by the what he wrote, so I may take a closer look at these clubs. For the choppers who posted their reviews here (the rest of you) please do us all a favour and keep your ill informed opinions to yourselves. You are just poisoning the wells for the real golfers.
My ratings are based purely on Jimmy's observations.