Ping S57 Irons

Ping S57 Irons

The S57 Iron provides golfers who prefer a tour-inspired design the ideal blend of feel, forgiveness and distance control. The small, stainless steel head is engineered as a players iron with an increased moment-of-inertia. A dense tungsten toe weight, longer hosel and a small cavity combine to raise the MOI for the additional forgiveness.

[May 29, 2021]
gasielennie410j

Strength:

Great quality club! Relatively weighty club that will get under the ball quickly and deliver high trajectory. Great club for anyone who wants consistency and the ability to try the big shots when necessary. Absolute smart buy! Cali Fast Home Buyers

Weakness:

None so far.

Purchased:
New
[Feb 17, 2014]
Rikoshay
Model Reviewed: Ping S57 irons

Over the years I have played with almost all the major brands of clubs and if not played with on the course at least hit a couple of hundred balls with them on the range. A couple of years ago I bought a brand new set of Taylormade R-9's. Biggest mistake of my golfing career. No feel, reduced workability and shorter distance. Even changed shafts from KBS to my favorite Project X rifle. So after getting rid of them I tried the Taylormade RAC irons. They weren't bad but still not what I was looking for. Then I decided to try Ping once again. Long years ago I tried Ping but could not use them because of the offset, my hand speed was just to fast to keep them from hooking with a giant sweeping hook or heavy draw if you like. Now I have found just what the doctor ordered, the Ping S57 which has the small head like the blades that I have been playing all these years. Not quite a standard conventional club head, but so much less offset that I can control them and work the ball right and left. The feel is just out of this world, the kind of feel that tells you just how you hit the ball without looking up, you just know
where it went. I just finished putting in the rifle shafts and midsize grips and now I truly believe that with these irons I will get back down to scratch and better. Ping has all the features of a company and as players you can use the tools that they provide to fit your self to clubs that truly are custom fit. More companies need to copy Ping and help there customers get the right clubs instead of just doing all the BS to sell you another set of BS. Thanks Ping I am a forever loyal customer.

Titleist, Taylormade, Yonex, Hogan and Wilson staff and Mizuno's.

[Dec 05, 2013]
Leftism
Model Reviewed: Ping S57

Gotti 40 you make me laugh , you should be on tour with your Ping Eye 2s :-) . Due to a mix up with an ebay seller , a set of S57s were delivered to my house , after inspecting these irons i noticed the mini milling marks between the grooves, i thought to myself that these clubs must get a lot of action on the ball !! Regretibly sent them back, and set about tracking another set down (second hand) first time out with them , had me scratching my head , only the 9 iron seemed to be the only one i hit properly , pretty much the scenario on my second visit to my course ..I started to think to myself that they have to go, but i gave them a third whirl and things started to changed, actually i realised that it was me , that was just a bit rusty , having just spent two weeks in Egypt...so with the 8 iron about 120 yards to the green i hit 4 balls , 3 of which were into the heart of the green , on inspection of the pitch marks, i noticed that all three balls spun back approx 6ft from the pitch mark :-) less than half that distance would be the norm !! To get the best out these irons , takes total commitment and belief, get it wrong and they bite back !! I am so glad i have purchased them now , and cant wait for this Scottish winter to end !! Callander GC

[Oct 02, 2012]
Bazza
Model Reviewed: Ping S57

This is more of a review of Gotti40's review ... a work of genius, thank you for making my evening. Brilliantly funny a la Ricky Gervais. Well done! Oh, and Ping golf clubs rule btw. :)

[Sep 22, 2012]
Bryce Mawhinney
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: S57

Re Gotti 40 review.
You must get tired of talking about yourself to strangers. as they are the only ones who would talk to you. I presume friends are something of a rarity like your lost balls during the year.
If you are soon damn good why doesn't a professional tour card belong in your possession ?

To all the other genuine golfers who have done the review I thank you for your honest, well intentioned feed back and I have now purchased a set of s57 irons.
Good golfing

[Jun 07, 2012]
Scott
Model Reviewed: Ping S57 Irons

I have played a lot of irons and I have to say that these are one of the best. They have all the playability of blades with the forgiveness of a cavity back. Unlike others I have not lost any distance with these from my previous irons which were Mizuno MP-37. I was worried coming from the forged Mizunos about how these irons would feel but I have found them to feel great off the club face. They are not as buttery as the Mizunos but they feel soft and powerful when struck, the only thing I could equate it to is when you hit a racquetball. You feel the ball compress then rocket off the face. If your looking to step up to blades but still need a little forgiveness these are definitely the irons for you.

Not Used.

Mizuno MP-33, MP-32, MP-37, MP-29, Cobra Carbon CB, Hogan Edge CFT, MacGregor Mac-tec, Ping Eye 2.

[Jun 28, 2011]
Jon
Model Reviewed: Ping S57 3-PW

So, I would like to preface this review with two points, maybe three. I read every possible product evaluation and review available before making a purchase, and I have never contributed my feedback on a product until now. I feel I owe it to other golfers who like me rely on these quick summaries. I don’t work for PING either. I have demoed and been properly fit for all the iron sets I have gamed, which is a crucial element in performance. I owned and played sets to include Mizuno MP-30 and MP-32, Titleist 804os and 735cm, Nike blades (waste of $$), and Ping i15’s.

What I learned from that journey is that the S57 iron set is perfect for the better ball striker who reliably shoots in the low 80s or better. The accuracy, workability, consistency, and feel are unmatched. They inspire confidence during the pre-shot routine from the moment you pick up the iron. The top line at address is balanced to provide confidence from both fairway and rough lies without even noticing it. The offset allows the experienced golfer to adjust each shot for maximum workability, and these puppies throw darts. My natural shot is a mid draw, and I couldn’t be happier with how these iron stick to greens.

Yes, for those of you wondering, these irons do offer some advanced technological forgiveness. Most important of which I believe is the sole width and tungsten weight in the toe. Feel wise, there is nothing better when you pure one… Crisp. And I think you will notice I didn’t say softer, Mizuno rules the market on that front. I worked my way from larger cavity backs to more blade like irons and now shoot consistently between 75-83, with an 8 handicap. Obviously each swing like golfer preference varies. But I challenge you to, at a minimum, consider these irons if you fit the criteria and are comparing similar models from other manufacturers. The course performance of is unparalleled. You can pick up a new set on EBAY for $400. Good luck in your search.

PING is top notch and committed to serving the golfing community.

Mizuno MP 30/32/62, Titleist 804os 735cm, Nike Foged Blades, and PING i15.

[Feb 16, 2011]
Stew11
Model Reviewed: Ping S 57

I have to start by saying if you would have told me 10 years ago I would be a Ping guy I would have laughed. I have always thought their club heads looked like shovels. Not anymore. Besides my wedges, it's all I have in the bag. S57 irons, G-10 3-wood and Driver. At my best, I was a +2 and always played blades (various models of Hogan Apex). I averaged 50 rounds (at least) a year. Last year I was lucky to play 15. I now play to a 4 or 5 and don't have the chance to practice much. The blades have outlived their usefulness. I was convinced I needed a more forgiving club but wasn't willing to go from forged to cast. The Pings changed my mind. I tried the AP2, Adams CB1, X-Forged from Callaway and the S57. The AP2 and CB1 both had higher trajectories than my current clubs and I just didn't like the feel of the Callaways. The S57 was everything I was looking for....lower trajectory, thin top line blade look, minimal offset and forgiveness. You can hit these things off the toe, heel or sweet spot and not have a wide shot dispersion and the distance control is great. Not sure if a higher handicap would find these as appealing but for a low handicapper who doesn't play to where his game was 5 years ago, they make the game a little less frustrating. They are definitely worth the investment.

Ping G-10 driver & 3-wood

[Nov 25, 2010]
poolsharks1
Model Reviewed: ping s57

Can I just start off this review by saying Gotti40 who done a review of these clubs is a totally idiot, he’s probably the kind of guy that shoots in the 90s (if he’s lucky) and these clubs were too good for him. I’ve been using the ping eye 2s which he is referring to as being better than the s57s for over a year now. I can confirm they are good clubs but the pings57s are in a totally different league. The eye2s are the most forgiving club ever made, that’s probably why Gotti40 likes them so much. Anyway enough about him- the tube is just want attention anyway. If you do yourself one favour regarding golf, it is try these clubs- NO JOKE! They are amazing, since moving from my eye2s my iron play is on a TOTALLY different level. Every shot is so solid and penetrating and the feedback is amazing. Plus I challenge you to find a better looking iron. If you want to take your game to the next level, these are the kind of irons you need. Eye2s and the like will only mask your swing faults which is fine if your happy to play like Gotti40(brain cells)

ping is second to none

titliest 755, ping eye2s

[Aug 16, 2010]
Seth Mischke
Model Reviewed: Ping S57

Awesome clubs IMO! Great look and feel for my game, and as many times as I like to try new things, these will be in the bag for quite a while. X100 shafts are a great fit, and although I only have one round in with them, the confidence and shot making potential I am getting with these clubs makes me only more addicted to this game. Decently forgiving on toe misses, right amount of stop control, and just a very versatile club head.

MP32, Ping S59 and S58