TaylorMade 200 Irons

Credit the club head''s longer blade, perimeter weighting and CG placed lower and deeper behind the club face for a higher launch trajectory with more ball spin. The 200 irons'' moderate offset promotes better alignment and shot shaping ability. Its straight leading edge and strong topline present a powerful look and aid alignment at address.

Jay   Shoots in the 70s [Nov 23, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade 200 Steel

The Taylormade 200 steel irons are one of the best irons i have ever used, losing out to the Nike forged blades, Mizuno MP69 and mp30. There is a little offset, but not too much like with the Callaway X-18r which i pullhook sometimes. The stock s-90 shafts are the a good shaft, for me beating out the Project X 6.0 and 5.5. The stock grips are good in the dry but garbage in wet. These have almost the workability as a players cavity (like the MP30) and just a little less feel. For me They act a little like players cavities rather than GI cavities. I have only recently stopped playing them because i have started playing some blades, which feel like butter heated up to room temperature and for comparison, the 200's just feel like butter in a fridge. There arent many irons like these, good for all scoring ranges. These are the Ultimate cavity back in my opinion and since i got them for $85, they were a steal too.

NA

Similar Products Used: Tommy Armour 845 Silver Scot, Callaway X-18r, King Cobra II
mavrickv8   Shoots in the 70s [Jun 05, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade 200 Irons

I've been playing the Taylormade 200 Irons since 2002 and I'm still in love with them. I'm a 4.6 handicap and my natural shot is a light draw, these Taylormade 200 irons have hardly any offset, which works great for me, since I usually draw the ball. I'm a big Taylormade fan and like the looks of the new Taylormade irons (Burner 09 and the Burner 2.0) thought about upgrading to today's new tech, but most irons today have to much offset and since I like to draw the ball, that much offset doesn't work for me.I hit these Taylormade 200 irons long and straight and it's very easy to work the ball with these clubs, they still have a couple of years of groove left on them, so I'm going to keep playing them to they wear out. Everything in my bag has been upgraded to today's newer tech, but the Taylormade 200 irons stay in the bag until they wearout.

Gareth   Shoots in the 80s [Apr 24, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Taylor made 200 irons

My first good set of irons, best clubs ive ever had. Feels really good when hitting the ball

shaun whyte   Shoots in the 70s [Jan 06, 2011]
Model Reviewed: taylormade200 irons

bought these irons in 02. love the look and feel,the grooves are starting to ware so bought taylormade burner 09 irons,hated the feel so went back to my 200's.best thing i ever did.

garry   Shoots in the 70s [Jul 14, 2010]
Model Reviewed: taylormade 200 series irons

got these half price brand new with stiff graphite shafts, I am a single handicapper and hit straight and long even the long irons are great. I dont carry any rescue woods my 3 iron can go 240 yards.

Similar Products Used: have tried callaway big betha irons but kept hitting to the right and lost a bit distance, had to sell them at a big loss.
sixiron   Shoots in the 80s [Jun 22, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade 200's

I found a new set with graphite shafts and started playing them. They are 1/2 club longer per iron. They set up fantastic and the shafts, 90 gram stiff, are responsive. I won't go back to steel shafts.

pgb   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 09, 2009]
Model Reviewed: tm200 irons

played with these for years until the grooves wore down. long straight & so easy to hit,replaced these with new burner 09's & looks like taylormade should be praised for more than just drivers.

Similar Products Used: mizuno mx200,adams a3
crapyking   Shoots in the 80s [Mar 02, 2009]
Model Reviewed: TM 200 steel

I played 18 w/ a borrowed set in fla the other day. I have to say I struggled w/ these clubs & think I have a pretty good swing. They are NOT very forgiving. I was left, I was right, I hit more bad than good. For the vintage, Cleveland quadpros were much better as is Powerbilt. I would rather have a Ping knockoff like tour model II or III's.

Big Jerm   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 17, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade 200 series irons

I bought a set of these clubs back in 2004, and they are amazing, they hit true and allow for some forgiveness. I have played over 200+ times on the course and these clubs keep up well. Great set of irons

sdbriggs   Shoots in the 90s [Feb 25, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made 200 Series Irons, Steel Shaft

Just took up golf at in August 2007. Bought a cheap starter set and have since replaced all of it. Got the 200 Series Irons used at a local golf shop for $75.

Suddenly I'm not afraid of my irons. Although I'm still a hack, I've at least got some consistency going that I could never get with the cheapies.

I often feel like apologizing to the clubs for my mis-hits since my joke is the clubs are better than I deserve.

Wish I'd never spent any money on cheap "starter" club sets. Go buy good clubs used and avoid the discount clubs.

Not Used. Bought used from local golf shop. Buy local and the service is always good.