TaylorMade 300 Irons

TaylorMade 300 Irons

From TaylorMade: "The traditional look comes from the thin topline, mirror chrome finish, straight leading edge and minimal offset. The modern conveniences of optimal weighting and center of gravity are achieved through TaylorMade's exclusive trapezoidal cavity pad, which is placed behind the impact zone to maintain ball velocity and preserve feel. Like the 320 and 360 irons, the long irons in the Forged 300 set have negative bounce to help create lift, while the short irons have positive bounce to prevent ballooned shots."

[Jul 21, 2006]
Mike
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made 300 Forged

I bought these on Ebay for $425. Right before they were discontinued. Now you can get them for dirt cheap. I have thought about buying another set as a spare. These clubs are great. They look great, great feel, and great playability. The reason you have people giving them negative reviews is because they are high handicappers who shouldn't be playing a forged club. Trust me when its 30 degrees out and you miss hit the clubs, you will feel it. Just like any forged club.

[Jul 11, 2006]
Meurig
Scratch Golfer
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made 300 irons

Ive used blades for the last 10 years - mainly Hogan's and Mizuno's tried a few forged cavity back clubs - but they arent the same.
I decided to try and find a set that would lower my ball flight a little and add a little bit more forgiveness. I used the Mizuno MP32's for about 12 months and they are great clubs - I just found the short irons to be a little harsh on centre hits.
So I tried a few irons out - Callaway X-Tour (dull), Taylormade TP (solid), Ping S59 Tour (too high), Wilson Pi5, Hogan FTX, King Cobra Forged (suprising), and a few Mizuno blades (classic).
Tried them all and it was either gonna be the Pings, or Cobra forged. I feel that once youve used a blade for so long you kind of pick your new set of irons with your eyes - if they dont look right them you aint gonna like them.
Well I couldnt decide - but after looking in the used rack I found an old set of Taylormade 300's - tried them on the range and fell in love with them.
Even though they are much bigger than I would have liked the really do look like an oversize blade and the flight with rifle 6.5 was great- nice and pentrating.
The feel is pretty decent - does not comapre with a blade - a little dull on times - but what I did like about these clubs is the forgiveness on off centre hits.
Now usually I throw the PW away on any set of new clubs - but with the TM 300's the PW has stayed in my bag - which is a first for me.

No need to use Taylormade - though their website is great to find out the specifications on their old irons - which I have found handy.

Ping S59, Hogan FTX, Callaway X-Tours, Taylormade TP (very similar to 300's - just a little more harsh).

[Jun 30, 2006]
Ckirby09
Model Reviewed: TaylorMade 300 Irons

I bought these clubs used for about $170 off of ebay, after I'd hit them a few times. The clubs take a little while to get used to, but when you do they hit and feel great.The only thing is if you slice your regular cast irons you'll slice these a bunch.

Any blade forged irons

[Jun 25, 2006]
BOB
Model Reviewed: 300 forged anus

Bollucks... apsolutely sh*te!

[Jan 03, 2006]
Str8Distance
Model Reviewed: 300 Forged

Nice looking clubs. The feel is great on good shots. On bad shots there is a little feedback, but it doesn't feel like your hitting a rock. Overall a good glub.

Never used it.

Wilson di5, Wilson fat shafts, Cobra gravity backs, and Mizuno mx-17.

[Apr 17, 2005]
lc_golfer
Model Reviewed: Taylormade 300 irons

I just got the irons and i like them a lot. They are very forgiving and they hit the ball longer than my last irons. My scores have improved a lot and the more i play them the lower my scores get. I only payed $275 for them to. I suggest everyone should try them especially for the price you can get them.

maxfli revolution irons

[May 28, 2004]
chadegasser
Model Reviewed: taylor made 300 forged irons

These are really sweet feeling clubs. Nice mix of forgiveness and workability. Really nice to look at too. I've hit them all, and thess are by far the best i've found.

I've hit everything

[Mar 02, 2004]
philipaparker
Model Reviewed: 300

I was in the market for a new set of irons and originally bought the TM RAC O/S. These irons were not for me. Too much game improvement not enough feel. When I saw a set of forged Taylor Made 300 irons with 6.0 Rifle shafts on Ebay and bought them. When I first tried them I hit everything to the right, so had the lie adjusted and they hit straight now. They are about a 1/2 a club longer than I am used to. I have to say they are very easy to hit even the 3 and 4 irons. Nothing feels better to me than a forged iron. I'd recommend these clubs to anyone. The rifle 6.0 shafts are fine(they feel like regular flex although they are suppose to be stiff.

I have never had a problem with Taylor Made equipment.

Taylor Made Rac O/S, Nike Pro Combo, Ping ISI.

[Jan 21, 2004]
Buffy
Model Reviewed: 300 Forged Dynamic Gold 'S' flex

Best irons ever, the forged head has an awesome feel to it and they inspire confidence everytime you set up for a shot.

Titleist 762

[Nov 02, 2003]
Model Reviewed: 300 forged

Bought these undemoed over ebay based on other reviews here. Was a little concerned that they may be too hard to hit for my 11 HC, but they are very impressive clubs. During their 1st practice round, I was hitting multiple balls out of thick rough - all 5 balls were constantly within 10 metres of each other with a 4 iron! Excellent consistency and forgiveness for a shallow CB. Off-sweetspot hits only lost less than half a club for me. Feel is very good also, it is immediately apparent how well you struck the ball. Workability is great, I very rarely try to work the ball either way, but I could certainly move the ball on demand with these irons. Taller golfers - I have the feeling that these clubs are slightly flatter in lie angle. My prev sets have all been adjusted 2* flat for me but these ones have hit straight and true with no adjustment(?). Overall, I'd recommend these clubs to any good ball striker. Probably not a good option for high-cappers though, the forgiveness is present, but not enough to correct anything other than a slightly off shot. Fantastic price for top-end clubs - they still retail for over $1000 USD here in NZ.

Titleist 690, Miz MP30