Titleist AP1 Irons

Titleist AP1 Irons

Titleist AP1 710 Iron Set 4-GW with Steel Shafts The Titleist AP1 710 Iron Set 4-GW with Steel Shafts are the essence of advanced performance with multi-material, dual cavity irons that provide improved feel, great looks, shot control and higher flight with forgiveness for the avid to skilled golfer. The stock shaft is the Nippon NS Pro 105T and the stock grip is the Titleist Tour Velvet.

[Apr 06, 2016]
rob
Model Reviewed: ap1

The original ap1s are the best by far of the ap line from 08 til 15. These irons are the puriest set of irons i've hit since the early 90s.All golf companies to have the bset products but titleist backs their claim with tour proven performance,if your job and lively hood depended on your equipment and this brand is the most popular on all the tours combined including college golf this says volumes about this product.Each golfer has a unique swing the first set of ap1s was the club that broke the mold,every club manufactorer' has copied this design to some effect. Titleist set the bar so high that it has to be considered a game changer.

accurate, forgiving on off center hits,penetrating yet high ball flight, about a club longer, GREAT SET OF STICKS

pings mizuno taylormade wilson

[Mar 30, 2013]
Frank
Model Reviewed: AP1 712

I'm in my 50's havent played for 30 years my son took it up and thought i'd start up again and play with him.I bought him a cheap set of Srixon's and he got me a cheaper set, he doesnt work and goes to uni.
we both enjoyed it and took to the game like a duck to water(he plays footballs and cricket so is sporty)after playing for a few month he definatly need a game improver and i felt i could get back to were i used to be.
i did my home work and did nothing but read reviews, he did nothing so much for being a uni student. Narrowed it down to G25's Mizuno 825's and AP1's. The pro had me try all the heads and shafts ect. I went with the thought that the G25 was for me but after hit after hit I came away with the AP1 with a +2 and I seriously could not believe what i was achieving hitting the ball into the range woow and trackman confermed it!!. My son who tried various club heads walked away with the Mizuno 825 pro believe it or not.
We play for fun dont belong to any club or play comp, but we have improved so much and enjoy the game more so now with these's club's we are now going to join a club and play comp that is the confidance that the AP1 has bought to my game.
feel free to contact me for veriforcation,as i dont find who i tell about these's great AP1's

Sunshine Golf Club

excellence, my HC getting lower

[Jul 25, 2012]
Peter
Model Reviewed: AP 1 710

I HAVE PLAYED MANY SETS OVER THE YEARS BUT THESE IRONS WITH THE NIPPON SHAFT ARE AWESOME . 7 IRON DOWN HAVE A BLADE LIKE LOOK WITH NO OFFSET,STOP VERY GOOD ON HARD GREENS. HIGH PENERTRATING FLIGHT.EASIEST CLUB TO HIT AND WORK AROUND AND VER FORGIVING,I PLAY OFF A 3 HCP AND PREFER THESE OVER AP2 .

MP52 MX300 TITLEIST 804 CALLAWAY X14

[Jul 03, 2012]
Warren C
Model Reviewed: Titleist AP1 712

I am an 18 handicap golfer. I have been looking for new irons for a while now, I read all the reviews on here regarding various different irons and in almost all cases people just came from the shop and raved about the irons.

Without much testing, I bought a set of Mizuno JPX Pro Irons (I was coming from a set of Mizuno MX20 and am a fan of Mizuno clubs). I simply couldn’t hit them! Good shots were great, poor shots were brutal - they were not as forgiving as the marketing (and the reviews) would lead you to believe. In the time I had the clubs I struggled to break 95 and hadn’t made a single birdie.

I went into my local Nevada Bobs, he put me on the monitor and suggested the AP1 712 irons with Dynalite Gold X-100 shafts (the MX20 were R300).

I was dubious about the shafts, but he offered me a 14 day money back guarantee. I traded in the JPX Pros and bought the irons and have since played eight rounds of golf with them.

The first thing that was instantly noticeable was that I was straighter than the JPX Pros and much more consistent.

The second thing I noticed was that my poor shots were not punished as badly as with the JPX Pros.

The third thing that I noticed was my good shots were shorter than the good shots with the JPX Pros (most likely the shafts).

To start with, I was annoyed with this, but having played the few rounds, the added forgiveness in the AP1 irons has given me the confidence to swing that bit harder and any loss of distance is negligible.

Bearing my handicap in mind; moving the ball right to left and left to right is not as important to me as hitting the ball straight, however having said that I did notice on the range that I could move the ball both ways, not much, but this is more likely my ability than any shortcoming in the clubs.

These irons are aimed at the mid-handicap player and do exactly what the marketing says; they hit the ball straight and are forgiving, if you are not ready for blades, these are the clubs.

My last three rounds were 87, 87 & 85 with and birdies are seen again, enough said!

Moral of the story, get custom fit by somebody who knows what they are talking about! I am now enjoying golf again!

I am an 18 handicap golfer (not for much longer!!).

Nevada Bobs custom ordered the clubs and they were in within 7 days.

[Jun 07, 2012]
E. Miquelon

On 6-7-2012 I came in for a fitting for new clubs at the new PGA TOUR SUPERSTORE. I brought a still sealed set of R-11's I had just received as a gift. Based on a hunch these would not be much different than my old Burners I made the switch to Titleist AP-1's. The service was great! My club fitting was awsome! The manager on duty "Darrell" was very professional. Best of all I went right to the course and shot my best round in 25 years. These clubs launch the ball straight to the cup. I am very pleased and would recommend these clubs to anyone wanting to drop their scores into the 70's

[Apr 26, 2012]
John Benton
Model Reviewed: AP1 712 Iron

I always thought these stories were fake until last weekend when I went into Golf Extreme. I was looking at a nice set of Bazookas when I was interrupted by a very attractive sales woman. Her name was Sarah and she was wearing all Puma. She suggested I try Titleist, Rocketballs and Cobra. She led me into the private simulation room and told me to take my stance and point my shaft at her. She had a commanding presence, to say the least. As I was contemplating my next move she juggled the balls and looked quizzically at me. She told me I needed a stiffer shaft and helped me achieve that goal. Finally, toward the end of our session she told me to give this last one my best effort and drive it deep. I tell you, it was by far the best feeling and most satisfying experience I've ever had in a golf store.

While I was there she introduced me to the art of putter fitting and taught me how to get it into the hole with the least amount of strokes possible. After awhile it seemed like it was the easiest thing in the world and I felt like a complete stud. She told me I could use her anytime I wanted as long as she got the commission.

I highly recommend these irons as well as the sales lady that got me straitened out.

Personal and private is the best way I could describe it.

That's a little personal

[Mar 26, 2012]
Ron N
Model Reviewed: Titleist AP1

Recently purchased AP1 710 with NS Pro 105T steel shafts. I am a 14 handicap and typically shoot and typically shoot hi 80's to low 90's. I used these clubs at Torrey Pines (rental) and never hit irons so well. Bought a set to replace my Big Bertha's and they are phenominal. So easy to hit, I am amazed. Super forgiving but you can still work the ball, I have been able to finally hit a decent draw. Played about 10 rounds so far - all below 90 and 6 below 85. I probably shaved 4-5 strokes/round already just hitting consistent mid-irons. Awesome clubs and worth the investment.

Big Bertha (2004) graphite.

[Jan 16, 2012]
1Acre
Model Reviewed: AP1 Irons 5-AW

I had it narrowed down to the AP1's and Callaway Razr X Tours. Need some forgiveness and little offset, as my misses tend towards hooks. The AP1's were just a little more consistant for me. When fitted properly, they were very consistant. They should be in the bag for a while with the 910 driver and fairway wood as well.

Not needed.

Callaway Razr X, Razr X Tour, Cobra S3, Ping G15. Razr X Tours were a close 2nd.

[Oct 10, 2011]
Phil Allen
Model Reviewed: Titleist AP1

I recently bought these and they improved my scores dramatically! I was a bit nervous about purchasing these because I am considered a golfer with a high handicap, but let me tell you it changed my game. My game improves every round! If you are thinking about purchasing these STOP THINKING AND GET THEM you won't be disappointed.