Ben Hogan Bettinardi Hawk Heel Toe Putters

Ben Hogan Bettinardi Hawk Heel Toe Putters

The newest addition to the Ben Hogan by Bettinardi Putter line. The Hawk series features rear weighted alignment technology. The Hawk series putters are milled out of a solid billet of aluminum utilizing the unique One piece Technology manufacturing process and have the exclusive Honeycomb face finish which makes them unmistakably Ben Hogan by Bettinardi putters. This great technology coupled with the new Lime green Winn grip and matching head cover will be sure to create some attention on the greensention on the greens.

[Apr 21, 2009]
NICK
Model Reviewed: Bettinardi/Ben Hogan Hawk

I saw the Hawk in the furthest putter rack at my local golf pro shop (maybe its looks had something to do with that) and decided to give it a try. I live only 15 minutes away from the Bettinardi factory and always wanted to try the honey comb putters. tried it for 10 minutes and fell in love with it's almost zero feel putting style. I think if you close your eyes and swing you may not even realize you hit a ball.

none

Nothing comes close

[Dec 18, 2008]
AAAAYES
Model Reviewed: BHB11-HK "THE HAWK"

Perhaps one of the most basic question I had about this putter is the measurements of the head. I could not find information or specs on this putter anywhere.

So, here it is...the face spans 4" across. The measurement from the front face to the rear of the putter is 3-3/4"

The face height is 1 1/16th".

I took it for a test drive and this is my view of this putter.

This is not a heavy headed putter as it appears. (Although, I would prefer something with a little more head weight myself.

I was taken by the fact that you can have a very short backswing and still get the the ball down 20'-25'w/absolute ease, and this is no exaggeration.

This perhaps is the reason why I have read many reviews in regards to the feel and distant judging department and it holds true. The learning curve of adjusting the distance is very good.

If you use a rock (TFlite or Pnkle) your going to hear a slight "Piiing" at impact, and with softer covers, you won't get that.

The sight lines is a little "over the top" for me but, nevertheless a real help in setting up with your ball esp. if you prefer to line your ball up with the lettering arrow towards your target.

I can understand those who have spoken well of this model, and will agree with the majority of the opinions.

Perhaps I need to overcome the bent putter shaft setup. This will take a little getting used to (being from the straight shafted blade putter that I am accustomed to.

I believe that they should have made this model in a matt black finish. The silver tone, gives the impression of the head to be larger than it is.

With so many gimmick design of building a better mousetrap, I found this model to retain a clean, yet solid form of shapes and angles. This is what drew me to this model in the first place.

I am not sure about the honeycomb faced surface of putter face design. Give me a milled pattern that allows me the option to impart forward roll when I call for it.

This is not a bad putter per say. I can understand the draw of favored comments from others.

It just would of been nice to see Mizuno take the quality of craftsmanship up a couple of notches with the finer details of a serious putter. If your going to have a block of aluminum head, perhaps a heavy steel shaft is not the best choice for such a combo.

Never Been There.

Nothing I've ever used comes close to this style of putter.

[Feb 02, 2008]
Kurt Boe
Model Reviewed: the hawk putter

Iam 50+ and had the same since i was 18.It has a little white line for lining up putts was great until my eyes got lazy vision.Could not putt for nothing.So i went shopping to golf town was in there for three and half hours.Ended up walking out with the hawk.I instantly drop my score by 10 strokes and are now shooting 10,12 handy cap again.VERY easy to line up, weight control on the money.

Does not look like much with hundreds of others but WOW.

Tryed them all.

[Nov 12, 2007]
Norge
Model Reviewed: Bettnardi Hawk Putters

I change my equipment every 2-3 years. Not because I have to but because I spend too much time hanging out in the local golf retailer demo'ing the latest equipment. My putting game is good but not great. Never has been. I was fitted for a Ping G5 CRAZ-E and was very pleased with the performance and feel. After the season ended, I was up to my usual in the golf store, checking/trying out equipment. They were selling the Hawk line of putters at a very reasonable price and I tried one more because of the look. I figured that it can't perform as well as I've heard when it looks so bulky. Initially I was surprised at how soft they felt yet the ball rolled true and distance control was very good. Alignment and tracking was above average and the look of the head was quickly forgotten. I kept going back over the next few months trying/comparing and impulsively purchased it (big surprise).
This spring it went head to head with my Ping. Both are very good putters, set up very similar, but the Hawk edges the Ping out. A softer feel at impact with perfect distance grouping. Ball alignment is a little easier and it just balances really well. I still really like Ping products, but I have to admit that the results on the green speak for themselves. The only area the Ping edged the Hawk on was MOI (Off center, self correcting), the Ping is tops over almost any putter on that one.
I'm sure that this putter will appeal to most golfers and its price point is very reasonable, but its performance will quickly show that it is a solid putter well worth consideration.

none

Everything, I spend too much time in golf stores.

[Jun 11, 2007]
Frank Merkt
Model Reviewed: Ben Hogan The Hawk by Bettinardi

After three putting four times with my Odyssey White Hot #1 blade during my last round , I decided to look around on E-Bay at putters. Well, E-Bayers know how it goes. You look, find one, put in a maximum bid(which was low) then 2-3 days later you receive your new putter from the USPS.
At first the size of the head of this putter threw me off a bit, however after a few practice strokes I realized the thing felt as stable as oil company profits.I couldn't wait to play a round with it.
After playing yesterday I must say I am thrilled with this putter. I feel as if I have found my soul mate. For the first time that I can remember, I had zero 3-Putts, and everything I putted either went straight in the hole or ended up within tap-in distance.
It is impossible to put a bad stroke on this marvelous piece of equipment. It is very easy to line up and inspires confidence at address. Even slight off-center putts rolled true and got close to the hole.
The lime green grip and headcover have even grown on me, I have found a putter that will be in my bag for a long,long time.
I recommend this putter to anyone who has trouble lining up putts and/or has trouble with the putter getting off angle during the stroke.
Best putter bar none.

None

Odyssey White Hot #1 , Odyssey Two-ball. Ping Anser 3.

[Apr 10, 2007]
Garrett
Model Reviewed: Bettinardi "The Hawk"

I bought this putter last season because it was on sale at Golftown, and I was putting terribly. I have been very happy with, it has likely saved me 2-3 putts every round. It is one of the most unique i.e. ugly, looking putters around, but the performance is great. Save yourself the money and choose this over a 2-ball.

2-ball, Ping Zing2

[Mar 15, 2007]
law5771
Model Reviewed: Hogan Bettinardi Hawk

Without a doubt the best putter I've ever used. Also the ugliest. But guess which matters more to me. Easy to aim, easy to stroke, sends the ball exactly where it's aimed. Great sound at impact. Face-balanced which is great for a pendulum type stroke. I've had countless putters in 30 years of golf and I think this is THE ONE. Got it at Dick's for $49.99 (half price). Better run out and see if there is one for you.

not needeed

Ping (most models),Never Compromise, Cameron Newport, Odyssey (4 models), Carbite (2 models)

[Sep 07, 2006]
joemace
Model Reviewed: Bettinardi Hawk

Looks like an old-fashioned potato masher or the heel of a boot, but can't argue with the results. A consistent putter with the unique honeycomb-milled Bettinardi face. It has a distinctive "ping" sound when it strikes the ball, but you get used to it. Mostly you'll hear "ping....plop" as the ball goes in the hole. Easy to line up, easy to get distance control.

bought from Mickey's Golf Shop in Drums, PA. Always great service.

Bettiardi BB-8, Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2.

[Aug 05, 2006]
Mike Dedman
Model Reviewed: Bettinardi The Hawk

I purchased the Bettinardi The Hawk putter today and practiced with it. I was amazed at how easy the putter was to use. The ball rolled true off the face and the alignment guides made it easy to direct. I have tried many putters this year but The Hawk has the best feel of them all. I can't wait to use it on the course.

Two ball, Cameron Newport, Ping G2, Taylor Made Monza

[Feb 28, 2006]
Coletrain71
Model Reviewed: Ben Hogan Hawk B-12

Nice putter. I bought the triangle shaped version. Solid feel and rolls the ball purely. Haven't had much of a chance to test it on courses yet, but the practice feel gives me much hope. I had a 2 ball blade dfx and it just left a lot to be desired. Inconsistent roll and so on. With the center shaft I seem to be able to have more down the line control with starting the ball out on my target line.

2 ball