Guerine Rife Two Bar Mallet Putters

Two Bar Mallet

Guerin Rife Black TwoBar Hybrid Mallet Putter The TwoBar Hybrid Mallet Putter features Rife's patented RollGroove Technology TwoBar Alignment, Twin In-Line Moment of Inertia (MOI), Dual Response (DR) insert technology, the LieAline Fitting System and adjustable Speed Weighting. The newest addition to the Rife hybrid family also features a sleek black finish and a plumber neck. The putter's forged/milled 6061 aluminum body features 303 stainless steel face plugs and backweighted bars, plus a cent

jjloans   Shoots in the 80s [Feb 07, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Rife IMO Mallet

Just picked up brand new on Ebay for $59... not sure why so cheap, introducing it or maybe it didn't "catch on".

This is the best putter I have ever used, and it is not that close. The balance, feel and distance control are outstanding, the roll groove stuff is great... everything just feels natural, like when I run through an expensive restaurant in nothing but a thong.

Seriously, I am not sure why the guys here do not have Rife on the first page of the reviews but do have gary Player, Dunlop, Cubic Balance, etc...?!?

Ah well, if you are frustrated, like I was, with all of the putters owned and really not loving any of them... try this, it is worth 3x the price I paid. Camerons? BAH!

NA

Similar Products Used: Everything My trusty copper ping B60 is still a groovy putter, but the IMO knocked it out. Nest best, believe it or not was a funky T-Model with a weird tail off the back. Skoal!
Ste   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 30, 2009]
Model Reviewed: 2 bar hybrid mallet

I picked up this at the beginning of the year. I am not one for changing putters regularly but picked this up in the pro shop and immediately liked the feel of it. I had him cut the shaft down to 33". After that I tried out the weights and settled on the heavier set. Since then I have really grown to like this putter. It has a lovely smooth action, people comment on how well the ball rolls off the face and I used it to great effect to win my first ever club major this year when every putt finished up dead. The option to bend the shaft is grat for customisation but as it happens it was perfect for me at the start and so I haven't needed to.

Not required

Similar Products Used: MacGregor MK6.4GT
Wilson Fat Shaft Deep Red #1
Ping Anser CuBe
Ram Zebra
jakeryan   Shoots in the 90s [Mar 14, 2009]
Model Reviewed: 2-bar Mallet black

The putter has a nice, soft feel and is very customizeable. You bend it to fit your setup and can even change the weights to fit your liking. I also changed the stock grip to a Winn pistol midsize and just love this thing.
First time out I had 34 putts and 2 three putts while getting used to it. Not real fair to judge, since I was the 1st one out that day and basically raced the guy cutting the greens around the course. Some were cut, some half cut as he waited for me to hole out, and some wet.
So, the next time out I have 29 putts and only 1 three putt. I basically made everything from 8 feet in. This putter inspires confidence.
I don't find the 2-bar alignment aid to be quite as good as the 2-ball, but I can't argue with success as I'm making more putts, and that's what it's all about.

Similar Products Used: Odyssey 2-ball
indaho   Shoots in the 80s [Feb 01, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Hybrid Mallet

Its been a while since I did a review but I just had to write one after using this awesome putter. Its very easy to line up a putt with the two bars. The bending tool worked out fine as I was able to change the lie of the club to fit my stance and stroke. Now my putts go where I aim.

None needed

Similar Products Used: Ping Odysssey
dfirca   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 27, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Tour 2-bar hybrid mallet

This is a review for the new Tour 2-bar hybrid mallet. Admittedly, I have owned a lot of equipment. But once I find a piece of equipment I like, it will be in my bag for a long time. I can honestly say, this club will be in my bag a long time. Many club designers will say 4 degrees of loft is ideal. In my experience, 4 degrees is too much putter loft for my swing. The ball bounces as it comes off the face and putts consistently came up short. And the amount of skidding and bouncing varies depending on the type and length of the grass. Problem solved with the Rife. It has the smoothest and fastest roll and this is their best feeling model as well!! I've played a Scotty Cameron Red X and the Red X5 and both of them are gone now. I also tried a Cleveland VP2 Milled putter. Good putter, but I prefer a mallet. With the skidding and bouncing limited and a much quicker roll, distance control is now much more consistent. My putts always came up short so all I had to do was produce the same swing and the reduced loft helped get the ball to the hole. I have a 33 inch length putter and could not be happier. It comes with two sets of adjustable weights, but I prefer the lighter weights. And the two bars make this club easy to align. I never liked other curved alignment aides. I prefer the two straight bars.

I have never contacted their customer service department.

Similar Products Used: Owned Scotty Cameron Red X & Red X5, Cleveland VP2 Milled, Ping Craz-E i series and a Yes putter and have tried every single putter Golf Galaxy offers.
yosser   Shoots in the 70s [Oct 01, 2008]
Model Reviewed: rife two bar mallet

buy it.never miss a short one again.

Similar Products Used: 2 ball.
nrose88378   Scratch Golfer [Sep 08, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Rife 2-Bar Mallet (New Design)

I have owned 3 putters throughout my golfing tenure: +37 yrs. I don't like change too much. My first was an old mallet from my dad. An actual lead, semi-circular head with a brass insert. What a museum piece but I could stroke it. Next came a Scotty Cameron Santa Fe/Black. Tremendous putter. Just got it refinished and ready to put it in a case for show. Came across the 2-Bar and was scheptical but curious. After about 4hrs of playing in the pro shop I decided to give it a try. It takes a little getting used to. The swing plane is different than a Scotty. After tuning it a bit and increasing the weights, it has gotton EXTREMELY smooth feeling. The stock grip is a little small so I replaced it with a WINN oversized. What a difference. I was a scratch golfer before and used to be money around the cup from 10-12ft. That kind of faded. Now, with the 2-Bar, I have gotten back into form and even extended out to about 15ft, consistantly. Tremendous confidence builder. My son now hates when we have our putting contests. He loses worse than ever.

Similar Products Used: Scotty Cameron Santa Fe
david   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 05, 2008]
Model Reviewed: rife two bar mallet

Just switched over from a Doc 17 putter. Im getting much better speed control and alignment. Really love it!!11

Similar Products Used: Ping Doc 17, Ping Doc 15, SC Futura, SC Red X
smokehouse   Shoots in the 70s [Jun 15, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Guerin-Rife 2 Bar Mallet

In the last several years I've used two putters, one an Odyssey Two Ball mallet and the other a Scotty Cameron Newport. Both have been customized to my specs and both have their strong points. The Two Ball was great from 5-6 feet in but not so good from long distances. The Scotty was great from long distances because of the solid, consistent feel but I never had much confidence over the 3-4 footers. After winning the Rife 2 Bar Mallet in a local tournament I have to say I'm sold. It takes a while to get used to, mostly due to having to bend it a few times to get the set up just right. Now that I have it set up to fit my stance and stroke I don't see why more players on tour aren't using this thing. From long distances the roll groove face and balance of the putter give great feedback for distance control, and from up close the alignment lines give a high degree of confidence. I suppose I'll always be one of those golfers that is drawn to new equipment, but I don't see this club leaving my bag for a long, long time.

Similar Products Used: Odyssey 2 Ball Line Mallet, Scotty Cameron Newport.
koef1658   Shoots in the 70s [Mar 30, 2008]
Model Reviewed: Guerin Rife 2 Bar Mallet, Center Shaft, 35' length

When it comes to golf I am a tinkerer. I obsess with equipment and am overjoyed and anticipate the release of new clubs. I typically buy a new putter every year, sometimes more than one. I have been using the RIFE for a year now and couldn't be happier. It is highly customizable (that's not a word, but I'm sure you catch my drift). On days when the greens are a bit slow, I like to lighten the putter up by removing weights. On days when my stroke is a bit off, I will add weight to help smooth my swing out. The notch at the top of the putter ensures consistency and proper alignment. The grooves prevent skid, which helps better judge distance on longer putts. I am awaiting another putter that can rival the 2 bar, and until then, it will remain faithfully in my bag.

Haven't needed it.

Similar Products Used: 2 ball steel, 2 ball dfx, 2 ball blade, cameron detour, cameron red x, cameron studio style, callaway blue,callaway i-trax, rossa agsi monte carlo, rossa inza, ping craze, ping doc, you get the picture.