Cleveland 588 Tour Action Wedges

Cleveland 588 Tour Action Wedges

[Jul 04, 2004]
rsr72
Model Reviewed: Tour Action Reg. 588

Great clubs! Started with the 56 and 60. Liked them so much I had to get the 51. May have to get a 47 too. Learning to open the club face... Open the 60 or 56 and those high flop shots are almost automatic. Thought about going with the 64 instead of the 60, but I'm glad I've stayed with the 60. Use the 51 for a solid, high, full swing approach shot rather than using a easy pitching wedge. Finding that I like the low bounce of the 60 and 51 when not hitting out of the sand. Larger hitting area than you would expect.

None needed

Adams Watson

[Jun 29, 2004]
Canadian_righty
Model Reviewed: Cleveland 588 Tour Action 54°

This is a beautiful club whether it is sitting in your bag or you have pulled it out around the greens. Out of the sand it is very close to the vokeys in performance. The amount of spin from 110 yards probably exceeds the vokeys and when chipping from the fringe or the rough it releases nice and has a great feel. Overall this club was a great bargain for the price of $89.99 ($119.99 Cdn) and the performance meets the standards of the vokey design wedges which are roughly double the price.

vokey design, callaway, wilson

[Jun 25, 2004]
TrunkSlammer
Model Reviewed: 53 Gap, 56 Sand, 60 Lob

Still the best wedges in the game. Get yourself an assortment and your short game will instantly improve. Start from your set's p-wedge and add three wedges from Cleveland's wedge picker program on their site. I find myself using the diadic 53 gap the most around the greens because you can really dial in distances when you stick with one club. The lob comes in hand once a round when you've got a short pitch over a bunker.

Never had to use them but their site is cool.

Titleist. Taylormade.

[Mar 20, 2004]
BigWeeener
Model Reviewed: 588 Chrome 53 and 56 degree

These are the best wedges ever made. I can spin the ball with these wedges and they are dead accurate. The chrome finish and the forging on these wedges are of excellent quality. If someone is looking for wedges, they need to look no further. The Cleveland name and excellent wedges go hand in hand.

GolfJoy.com offers excellent prices and online service

Macgregor RPM sand wedge given to me by Mason Rudolph.

[Mar 07, 2004]
josh
Model Reviewed: 588

These are the best wedges that I have ever played with. They generate exceptional backspin (2 hop and stop),and are very forgiving. For the money you cant go wrong with this wedge!

[Nov 22, 2003]
wb4tjh
Model Reviewed: Cleveland 588 Tour Action Wedges

Having recently bought a custom set of Cleveland TA-5 irons with which I am very delighted, I decided to get a full set of Cleveland 588 wedges. As a left hander, I have to search a lot to find exactly what I want. These wedges are the easiest to hit such clubs I have ever used. Even Cleveland's competition thinks so...In the CALLAWAY catalog there is a picture of Roger CLEVELAND and his wedges. So, even Callaway uses his wedges, and gives him full credit for his marvelous design and undisputed performance. Callaway just puts their name on them. I think that says it all for the Cleveland wedges....They are so good, even their fiercest competitor uses them. "nuff said..

Not need as of yet.

old Wilson Staff

[Oct 12, 2003]
borgeler
Model Reviewed: gunmetal 56*

im 15 and i hit the ball a long ways so i hit this beast from about 120 max n it is the first wegde i have been able to bring back consistently...i can go at any pin with confidence and on short chip shots i can check it up nice or let it release to the hole..its just straight butter

vokey chrome..wilson harmonized....

[Oct 10, 2003]
rbenjamin
Model Reviewed: 56* Chrome

This is the best sand wedge i have ever used. The distance control is excellent from the fairway, sand, or pitching around the green. The 900 model always looked better to me(a more rounded look-I own the LB 56*), but this club is far better for me. It has caused me to purchase the 49*, and 53* versions. I highly recommend the 56*.

Cleveland 56* LB, Titleist Vokey, Snake Eyes...

[Sep 18, 2003]
CrazyGolfer
Model Reviewed: Gun Metal

Oh wow. I like the look of this putter, and it feels even better than it looks, and it is very tough to beat the looks of this wedge. It is even priced at a low price compared to wedges at this level. I have had it for about 3 weeks and it is already starting to rust, and i love that look. It feels as if you are taking a hot knife through warm butter. You dont even know you hit the ball. A+++

Vokey

[Sep 18, 2003]
Gert
Model Reviewed: 588 Chrome 57deg Sand wedge

What can I say that the other 111 reviews have not? I bought this wedge from the second hand rack in a desperate attempt to replace my existing usless wedge. What A difference!!! Like day from night. No more tinned or fat shots (well almost), consistant distance and I use it for every shot onto the green. What price can you put on the confidence of knowing that within say 60 yards, that your next shot will be a putt! If you're having problems with your wedges you've got to try this one.