Maxfli Revolution Balls

Maxfli Revolution Balls

[Apr 05, 2009]
stonepolis
Model Reviewed: Revolution

Well after reading Mark O'Mera's praise for this ball, I tried it way back when and it was the first ball that made my question Titelist's dominance, as well as start my "perfect ball" search odessy. The best features of this ball were the consistency of spin and the superb trajectory. By consistency, I mean I rarely got any hot-spinners or knuckle-runners, even with mis-hits and the trajectory was lower than the Titelist and matched the height I was visualizing. The workability or fades and draws was also very responsive and the touch around the green was butter! The ball basically did what I envisioned and really brought my game up to the next level! I thought, at the time, I had found the perfect ball for my game...then Maxfli discontinued it (story of my life)! I went through the later ball incarnations...Elite, A10, Black Max, etc. and each ball just got progressively father away from all the things I originally loved about the Revolution. Now I play a Precept U-Tri Tour(also discontinued) and am looking for a new ball...probably the Bridgestone B300S? I'd give anything to try a Revolution again just to see if stacks up to my fond memories, but even the Ebay supply seems to have dried up...but I'll keep looking!

Discontinued!

Revolution Solid, Elite, A10, U-Tri, PV-1

[Jul 11, 2008]
Tuzy
Model Reviewed: maxfli revolution golf balls

The Best ball i've played with period. I was
a high 90's player when i was introduced to this ball.I've played alot of balls (Nike, Pro v 1, Callaway 4-pc, etc, tried them all). This one matches up with or beats any i've played. Everytime i'm online i try to find these balls and buy them by the wack load! The response on your wedges as well as putting is next to none. If you have the chance try these balls......................if you can find them.
Its to bad they don't make them as good as these.

[Apr 15, 2008]
nudge
Model Reviewed: Maxfli Revolution Multilayer

I found some of the original Revolutions in my garage recently, and because I still have fond memories of the overall
performance of this ball I took one out and compared it against a Bridgestone B330s which I mainly use. What can I say, this ball has stood the test of time.
Although marginally shorter off the driver, the Revolution is the best feeling ball ever!
Where this ball has it all over the modern performance balls is from 100 metres or less to the pin,the spin,feel and feedback is the best. Around the greens I like to go hard at the pin when chipping and the spin this ball generates makes this possible, most modern balls I can't get to check up like the Revoulution. With the putter, once again, this ball feels great and comes of the face true.
Additionally i got through the 18 holes with barely a mark on the ball.
This ball is a blast from the past and the technology is a bit dated, but in my opinion, the best ball ever,unfortunatly they don't make them like this any more.

None

Bridgestone B330s, e5, e6, Pro V, NXT Tour, Wilson TX4, Wilson Zip, Maxfli A10

[Sep 19, 2005]
Brent Nadeau
Model Reviewed: Revolution

The only club I have ever hit a PV-1 off of is the driver. I find one, tee it up, and try to kill it, promtply losing it..ah well, easy come, easy go. So, when I read other reviews claiming that the PV-1's spin more than the Revolutions, I am somewhat amazed. I usually play Rev Tours or A10'a, but a friend of mine grabbed some of these for me by mistake a week ago. I have only used a couple of them so far, but can't get more than a round out of one anyway. What I have noticed is the amount of spin they generate. My full wedge shots almost always back up a couple feet, and I even backed up a 5 iron a couple days ago. I don't really like them because I find they spin too much, especially off the driver, although irons distance with them is respectable. I guess this isn't really a review, but if you tend to hok or slice your driver, you might want to stay away from these. If PV-1's spin more than these, I hate to imagine what kind of a mess I would be in for with them...

[Aug 04, 2005]
A V Twiss
Model Reviewed: Maxfli Revolution

One of the softest balls I have played with. Feels only slightly harder than the venerable Titleist Tour Balata of days gone by. Sadly, not for me. I am not a long hitter and these balls cost me distance compared to a Pro V1. However they are wonderful to put with. They have a marked tendancy to mark up very quickly. My Edge CFT irons used to "grate" them with ease. I was peeling bits of cover out of my grooves regularly.

Callaway Rule 35, HX Blue, Titleist Tour Balata

[Apr 16, 2004]
Pinoyspd17
Model Reviewed: Revolution

SORRY..i meant to give them a 5 in overall rating.

not used

[Apr 16, 2004]
Pinoyspd17
Model Reviewed: Revolution

I buy these balls in bulk. I've tried a few balls out there & these are the ones that perform & are priced perfect for me. Slices/hooks are not a big factor in my swing (anymore). I don't have to work the ball alot, but when I do, these balls perform pretty well. I get plenty of bite off the greens but minimal backspin (but I do need that cuz I'm mostly "throwing darts"). Putting feels nice & soft. Putts true. The only ball I like better are the Pro V1's. Better bite & better feel coming off every single club in the bag. But I dread using them for fear of losing them. The Revolutions are a good ball worth trying if you don't slice/hook alot, if you have a decent touch with your wedges, & if feel is high on your list when putting. Price is on my side with these balls: I pay $45 for 100AAA of them.

not used

Titleist HVC Tour, Pro V1, Noodle

[Jan 05, 2004]
joshea
Model Reviewed: Maxfli Revolution 100

This balls does everything and feels great too. I used to use different balls on different types of holes (low spin and low compression for par 5's, soft high spin balls on par 3's, etc.) but it certainly helps to have a ball that can do all of that. It putts better than any ball out there in my opinion and is almost longer than any ball out there (the low compression balls like the Lady and Noodle are a few yards longer but they don't have the control, spin or feel of the Revolution). I really wish they didn't discontinue the Revolution but the one thing I can't complain about is that you can now get them at a fraction of their original cost.

None used.

I've been playing for a few years, worked at a pro shop and I've hit everything under the sun. If it's anything like the original, I can't wait to test out the new Revolution EXT's though.

[May 22, 2003]
Mike
Model Reviewed: Revolution wound

So sad to see this go. On hard-greened public courses the ball sits. On a good private course, the ball will dance on the green. It's great fun to fire at the pin from 90 yards in (even chipping with this ball - fire at the pin from 70 feet "hop-hop-stop style" with a "rock" ball lately?) Not as long as a Pro V1 - but not significantly so. This is an inportant point. There are plenty of soft golf balls out there, and with most, you lose a LOT of distance. Did not even like the A10 as much. Off to the shop to find a replacement. I really, really wish that they did not do away with these. Oh, well, now that Taylor-Made owns Maxfli, we might be able to look forward to the "paint it gold and double the price" mentality with respect to golf balls.

[Feb 15, 2003]
cgasucks19
Model Reviewed: Maxfli wound

I too don't have the $$$ to buy the new ones so I went and bought some used ones...the cover is so durable its very hard to put a smile on them...it feels so much softer on putts when I put them at home off the sweetspot on my Titleist Bulleye than the Titleist Professional and the Pro V1. I can really feel the ball "click" off a well struck shot from my 845s and it flies as far as the Professional...Maxfli tried to put a solid core version of it..but its not as soft feeling...why did they try to fix something that wasnt broken???? The ball spins like a motherf***er off my Cobra Trusty Rusty Sand Wedge. Its too bad they don't make them anymore...a great golf ball that is almost half the cost new than Pro V1s.

The guys at the website are great...they give me great service...since they are buddies with my brother in law.

Titleist Professional (Great Ball...but not as soft as Revolution) Pro V1 (Feels like a Top Flite 2000 range ball compared to the Maxfli, Strata Ultimate