TaylorMade Burner (LDP) Balls

Burner (LDP)

Pete   Shoots in the 80s [Jul 18, 2016]
Model Reviewed: TaylorMade XD LDP

Played this found ball on a very windy day. It doesn't hook or slice much. Good distance off of the driver. Iron shots were decent, I was able to hit high or low shots. I would have lost a tour ball due to the windy conditions.
Putting was OK however the greens were slow. I like this ball. I didn't know the price until I looked it up. Good value.

Similar Products Used: I prefer the Titleist brand balls for short game precision.
Roy1   Shoots in the 80s [Dec 26, 2013]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade Superdeep Golf Ball

A decent ball at a fair price. This ball is a newer generations of balls that include the Srixon Distance, Nike PD soft, Wilson Duo, Wilson 50/50 and a few others. Basically it's a soft distances ball. Has some stop on the greens too. (It's not a 3 part ball.) Also, fits a good number of swing speeds. Has a compression of 35. Many new balls have a compression from 25 to 70. Perhaps, the fastest of swing speeds will not like this ball. Most other will enjoy this ball.

RyTak   Shoots in the 70s [Aug 22, 2011]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade TP/BACK LDP

I have been playing Pro 1x for I don't remember how long. Been playing competetive golf ever since i been shooting mid 70's to under par and I would say these balls clearly aren't as good as the tour balls (Pro V1's).

The feel of the ball is really good nice soft touch but I definitely lost some distance. I drive the ball around 280 but clearly with this ball i was getting the ball out there only prob max 265-270 but it maybe my swing that day or weather or the fairways but I really feel the distance was lost.
For the price of these balls, they are great for the average golfers but I wouldn't recommend these if your a low handy and are picky with the equipment you use (like me)

steven   Shoots in the 100s [Sep 22, 2010]
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made Burner LDP

Great ball. great off the tee, sticks to greens, and is easy to put. took 10 strokes off my score first time i used it.

none

Similar Products Used: titleist pro v one, Callaway hx hot plus,Callaway hx bite.
jimdrumus   Shoots in the 80s [Nov 09, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Taylor made burner ldp

Why do reviewers feel compelled to compare a $20 golf ball to a $50 golf ball. It's not a pro-v however it is a very good alternative. I just shot two rounds in the 70s with it no scuffs one ball. Long off the tee and good around the green.

Not needed.

Similar Products Used: Pro V, callaway, bridgestone models
samarati   Shoots in the 80s [Aug 16, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Taylor Made Burner (LDP)

My usual ball is a Titleist Pro V1X. I'm a course marshal, I find lots of balls and try them out on the driving range. I found a few of these Taylormade Burners and initially thought that they went long off the driver. So I actually bought a dozen ball box for $19. That purchase may be a violation of the unwritten Golf Marshal's code of ethics.

Well I shot a whole game with the balls, and truthfully was underwhelmed. Yes the ball feels okay off the driver and maybe is a little longer than the softer Titleist Pro V1, but ball flight is not as predictable, does not behave as well in the wind. And putting with this 2 piece ball is somewhat unpleasant. Off the putter the feel is somewhat rock-like hard and cheap feeling.

My score for the round was 8 strokes higher than usual.

I won't play another round with these balls. I'll give them away to the junior golfers.

Purchased at Golf Mart.

Similar Products Used: I prefer Titleist Balls. I'd rather hit a Top Flite ball than these Taylormades.
taymadeburnerball   Shoots in the 90s [Jul 30, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Taylormade Burner LDP

Off the Driver/Tee: Added 15-20 yards off the tee with both the driver and irons. Reduced my slice by about 5 yards too. Overall off the tee 5/5.
Off the irons: No joke this added 20 yards to my irons (7 iron used to be 135-140) now its 155-160. Also I hit it straighter than I have with any other ball. I would have to say this ball is best with irons. Overall 5/5.
Off the wedges: Bounced off fairly quick and got up fast. Only rolled 5-6 yards after it hit the green (with a sandwedge) but the greens were soaked. Overall 4/5.
Off the putter: Good roll went with the grain pretty easily in the wet conditions. Averaged a 2 putt. Overall 5/5

Great ball that added a lot of distance compared to the other distance balls I used. I have found my new ball!

Similar Products Used: Titeilist HP2 Distance, Callaway Big Bertha Diablo, Nike Juice
NoBobbyJones   Shoots in the 80s [Feb 24, 2009]
Model Reviewed: TaylorMade Burner LDP

Fantastic ball. LOOOONG, best performance in the wind I've seen from any ball of any price (and I've tried most of them), and it putts beautifully. Of course the one drawback is that you can't spin this back 20 feet on a 100-yd approach, but let's be honest, amateurs don't do that. If you can't get this ball to hold a green, no matter how slick, then you're either (a) hitting the ball at least a little bit fat -- and if you're above a 5 hcp, it's virtually certain that you are -- or (b) you're picking terrible landing areas for your tee shots, and you're hitting all of your approaches into downsloping greens. On a crisp wedge or short iron into a decent green, this ball drops, hops, and stops, just like it should. I'm hoping TM keeps this in the lineup for awhile and doesn't "improve" it, because for a 2-pc ball, it's in a league of its own. Oh, and did I mention that it's durable? If I could give it six stars for value, I would.

Similar Products Used: I've tried most of the high-end and mid-range offerings from Bridgestone, Maxfli, TaylorMade, Titleist, Nike, Callaway, and Hogan.
rafael   Shoots in the 80s [Feb 16, 2009]
Model Reviewed: taylor made burner ldp

this ball is really good if you're lacking distance of the tee
definitely beats the pro v1 in that
but when it comes to green approaches you may have to club down because this thing hits the green and runs forever.. it could be a good ball in soft and slow greens that most public courses offer

great ball for the price it all depends if you want distance of the tee or a real accurate ball which in that level nothing beat the pro v1

Similar Products Used: Titleist NXT, Nike soft
Rx Phoenix   Shoots in the 80s [Feb 08, 2009]
Model Reviewed: Burner LDP 2009

At least for now my search for a suitable ball is over, this one really shines in almost every way.
Feels like balata, is 1 club longer than TopFlite Freak and 2 clubs longer than ProV1.
Putts great, chipping and pitching is excellent with a nice little run out that is consistent.
I like it much better than TaylorMade's other balls and for the $ it can't be beat. Low compression (60)seems to work very well as ball tech continues to advance. My clubhead speed is 95-100 and this ball just works perfectly in this range. So far this is the best all around ball for my game I've ever hit. Did I mention that it FEELS great . . . very much like the days of wound balata balls.

Similar Products Used: I've hit just about every high end ball on the market over the years but not many low compression softer balls.