Wilson Zip Balls

Wilson Zip Balls

Wilson Staff Zip as in Zero; a zero compression core that is the softest in the game. Zip as in speed; faster off the tee for maximum distance. Zip as in spin; shot-stopping control into and around the green. It's the perfect option for players seeking soft feel, great distance and greenside control.

Wilson Staff Zip Golf Balls feature:

Inside, a zero compression core is so soft that it registers "zero" on golf's Atti compression testing equipment
Behind the patent-pending zero compression core is a high-velocity Neodymium catalyzed polybutadiene
The unique rubber blend in the core uses a minimum of curatives to produce an ultra-soft (very low compression) core with good resilience
Patented HPF mantle layer encases the zero compression core with a speed-generating mantle for distance and higher iron spin rates
Super-soft ionomer cover grabs the club face for higher spin and amazingly soft feel
Unique flat-bottomed, shallow dimples rip through the air to create a more stable, penetrating flight

[Dec 25, 2010]
Will
Model Reviewed: Wilson Zip

I picked this ball up for a steal at Martin's Golf in Myrtle Beach for only $4.99 per dozen, new!

Whether they worked for me or not didn't matter, I figured my son could always use them. At that price, I wasn't about to walk away as I bought 8 dozen.

I should have bought more, since I'd yet to try them out I didn't want to buy too much. ;-)

I was concerned playing a "zero compression" core ball. My swing speed isn't the fastest but I do get it up between 110-115 mph with driver.

I played the ball for two full rounds in overcast/misty weather at about 45 degrees. Off the driver, I got more than acceptable distance (not the longest I've played but just fine in the distance department). Ball-flight was mid-height and penetrating. Irons, distance and shot shape, were consistent with a satisfying click at impact. Short approaches do suffer a bit of roll out but it's not really much and I found it easy to adjust. Off the putter, while I wouldn't call the feel soft, I do have to say that I liked the feel very much. My lag putting with this ball was better than it was all week with my regular ball (Taylor Made TP Red LDP).

Even after the round in a side by side comparison with my regular ball on the practice green, hands down, I lagged better with the Zip. Being that longer putts have always been a problem for me, that's a very big plus for the Zip.

Overall, I'd say this is a fantastic ball. At the price I scored it for, it's a no-brainer. But even at four times the cost, I'd still consider it to be a very, very solid ball. Surprising, at least to me, but very true indeed.

Maybe summer temps will prove the zero compression core to be not so good of a fit for me, I don't know. But for now, in the cooler weather at least, they're very safely in the bag.

[Nov 28, 2010]
wildthing
Model Reviewed: Wilson Zip golf ball

Finally found my golf ball. Have fallin in love with this ball.My driving accuracy has improved by 15% and I love the feel when putting with this ball. Very little side spin when driving this ball. I hit this ball straiter and further than any ball I have ever used. Living in canada you can't find them new any more so i buy them used from Knetgolf.com for 12.95 a dozen what a steal. this ball stops on dime no matter which iron you use. The best ball period.

all 3 piece and most 4 piece golf balls

[Aug 20, 2010]
erickson
Model Reviewed: Wilson Zip golf ball

Short and sweet. Picked up a sleeve of the Wilson Zip, thought I would try them against the Callaway Diablo. Whoa! The Zip is so much straighter and flys higher. Going back to PGA Superstore and picking up a couple boxes. By looking at the wilsongolf.com website, they present the ball in their "legacy" series which might mean this ball is being replaced?? Don't know. Great ball

Callaway Diablo, Noodle Plus

[May 11, 2010]
birddogdoc
Model Reviewed: Wilson Zip

Found a Zip while playing, and used it for the rest of that round. Liked the performance, so bought a dozen. Last round played the Zip the entire round. Found it long off the tee. Iron shots seemed to be a little longer. Seven iron hit well released about two feet after landing. Eight iron hit well backed up about two and a half feet. This is about the same spin performance as the Titleist NXT tour I have been playing, and perhaps longer.

Love Wilson. Great service.

NXT Tour. Callaway Big Bertha

[Apr 12, 2010]
Steven J
Model Reviewed: Wilson Zip

I have always heard of balls being compared to teh Titleist Pro V as if it were the "gold stendard."I played the Zip along with the Pro V1 yesterday.The Zip produced a higher trajectoryand farther distance of of woods and irons. The Pro V produced more greenside spin, but it all depends on your game. Club down and let the ball run to the pin instead of shooting for it. With only that exception, the Wilson Zip is superior to the Titleist Pro V. The feel is unmistakable and the distance is unmatched!

Titleist Pro V1, Callaway HX Tour 56, Top Flite Gamer

[Jan 31, 2010]
Ed in NM
Model Reviewed: Wilson Staff Zip

I read some good reviews for the Wilson Staff Zip golf ball, and I saw that they can be bought on-line for about $12.00 per dozen, so I gave them a try. These balls are really great! They have the feel and the sound of old wound balata balls, but amazingly, they are very long. I think that somehow, Wilson Golf is quietly making some of the best golf balls out there. Most of the balls I've played have been 2-piece balls, but I have occasionally played pro-line 3-piece balls including the Titleist Pro V1 and others. The Wilson Zip is a 3-piece ball that performs right up there with any of them. For the money, I don't think there is a better performing ball out there than the Wilson Staff Zip.

No experience with Wilson customer service.

Occasionally use pro-line balls including Titleist Pro V1, Srixon, Bridgestone. Have also used many 2-piece balls including Top-Flite, Pinnacle, Wilson Ultra, etc.

[Aug 30, 2009]
SH
Model Reviewed: Wilson Zip Golf Balls

Before I played the Wilson Zip ball, I had been playing the Wilson Staff TX4 ball. The TX4 is a 4-piece ball that easily compares to the Pro-V1, but for much less $$. I figured I would give the Wilson Staff Zip a try, since these were only $9.99/doz. Not expecting much, I played 2 rounds with them and I am completely satisfied with the Zips! Wow. Unbelievable performance from tee to green, just as long (maybe longer) than the TX4, the Zip spins very well, seems quite durable, and the feel of the ZIP off the clubs & putter is nice.
I usually shoot 81-82 every time I play, but I shot an 80-78 my last 2 rounds. Could it be the new ball? Hard to say. However, for $9.99/doz I am making the switch to the Wilson Staff Zip.

Never had to contact Wilson about anything, but I am going to write an email to them regarding how impressed I am with the ZIP golf ball.

Wilson Staff TX4, Titleist Pro-V1, Callaway HX Hot Bite, Taylormade Burner TP, etc.

[Aug 29, 2009]
scomac2002
Model Reviewed: wilson zip

I've been playing this ball all summer and without a doubt this is the best ball that I have ever played with, bar none. The length is prodigious, easily 10 yds. on an iron shot (which caused some initial problems getting yardages dialed in) and even greater with woods. But, the true blessing of this ball is the feel and response around the green. It chips and puts like a dream making distance and directional control a breeze compared to other balls that I have used in the past. This has saved me strokes and I wouldn't have thought that a different ball could make that much difference on a score card. For $16.98/doz., I just can't see playing any other ball regardless of price.

Bridgestone e6+, Callaway Big Bertha, Precept Laddie Extreme, Srixon Tri-Speed, just about anything else that you may find

[Jul 28, 2009]
razoramon
Model Reviewed: wilson staff zip

This ball is outstanding. When it is struck purely you don't even feel the ball on your clubface. A lot of people have compared it to the pro v1. I would say that it matches the pro v1 in every category except for around the greens. The pro v1 is slightly, and I do mean only slightly better at spinning on those tricky lobs and pitch shots around the greens. The huge difference however is the price. I bought a dozen for $17.95 compared to $54.95 for the pro v1. If you haven't tried this ball yet, grab a sleeve, you'll be surprised

didn,t talk to anybody from Wilson but it's pretty much the only golf brand I buy

Titleist Pro V1

[Mar 12, 2009]
Butch Ernette
Model Reviewed: Wilson Zip

The Zip is unbelieveable. It's soft feel reminds me of days gone by when all balls were balata. The distance is great. I've used lots of Pro V1s, and I tend to spin them too much, loosing distance on short irons especially. But not with the Zip. It flys wonderfully, and bits and holds as well as any ball I've ever played. At $20 a dozen, I can't imagine playing any other ball.

Pro V1, Nike 1